RF Software Application QA Test Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 6 months contract to hire
Rate: $65/hr with Full Benefits, 5 Paid Holidays, Travel Allowance and Perks
We are currently looking for an Experienced and talented RF Software QA test engineers to fill an opening with our client company (Samsung Semiconductor, Inc) located in San Diego, CA for 6 month contract with possible extension. Candidate will be part of passionate software development team with other software and firmware engineers and will participate in the testing, validation, build integration, and release of RF Software and its related Tools.
You will be a part of a product development effort, working closely with developers and provide feedback, study the feature definition, and test functionality and performance of various features and fixes for all release versions in order to deliver a very high quality software product to end customers.
Job Responsibilities for RF Software Application QA Test Engineer at Samsung
- Reviewing and studying feature specifications and design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to keep revisions current.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases that cover all corner cases for RF Software and its corresponding Tools.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs for RF Software and its corresponding Tools.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities to meet release dates.
- Responsible for version control of integration and version control of various releases as well as working with internal and external customers in setup, or help troubleshoot technical issues, explain features and, capabilities to customers.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers), external customers to identify system requirements and advice software developers, and submit new feature requests.
Job Requirements for RF Software Application QA Test Engineer at Samsung
- Good knowledge of software development cycle and experience working with RF software engineers and schedules.
- Good knowledge of RF parametric testing for Power, Leakage, EVM, etc is required.
- Knowledge of Unit testing with NUnit framework and C#. Write Mocks with Mocking Framework. Writing test driven development.
- Knowledge of Selenium Webdriver tool is highly preferred. Should be able to setup your own environment with Visual Studio, write Selenium test using NUnit framework. Good practical experience of scripting languages like Python/Perl.
- Understanding and prior experience of using Git or Fossil VCS or Perforce or other source control tools.
- Knowledge of build release platforms like Jenkins. Knowledge of Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Motivation and desire to accomplish software quality assurance, and driven attitude to extend the capabilities of our software application(s).
- Knowledge of Functional RF Testing for LTE or 5G is a plus.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering is a must, Masters’ Degree is preferred. Any certifications for relevant tools preferred.
If this sounds like you then the RF Software Application QA Test Engineer role at Samsung may be right up your alley and we want to hear from you