Zelle HR is looking for a Senior Trust Officer to join an amazing team that has a culture built on attitude of helpfulness and community support.
Primary Job Purpose: Serve as Head of the Trust Department. Responsible for leadership of the department and the effective management of the trust department staff. Responsible for leading the trust department’s business development and marketing efforts to improve the trust department’s profitability and grow the department.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meet with prospective new Trust Department clients on products and services offered.
- Meet with existing Trust Department clients regarding investment objectives and selection, legal document interpretation, and future planning issues.
- Meet with legal counsel for new/existing clients on legal document preparation and requested administration issues.
- Meet with tax preparation personnel for new/existing clients on income- and tax-related issues relevant to accounts.
- Meet with investment clients to discuss objectives, risk, needs, and investment alternatives prior to researching choices available and making final selection purchase.
- Review year-end accounting summaries for existing accounts prior to dissemination to tax preparers and other necessary parties.
- Review, verify, and sign appropriate tax returns for existing clients as prepared by the client’s tax preparation personnel.
- Prepare selected Trust customers Income tax returns.
- Prepare and file special reports (court, SSI, etc.)
- Oversee Escrow functions – opening accounts, ongoing transactions, and closing accounts.
- Inspect real estate, prepare reports, handle FSA documents and government payments, and contact appraisers.
- Communicate with tenants relating to the sale of grain, creating leases, insurance, etc.
- Communicate with trust grantor or beneficiaries; document and take action according to plan.
- Review trust accounting reports monthly/quarterly/annually.
- Review trust policies, procedures, contracts and services.
- Monitor market movements, legal changes, etc.
- Participate in the Trust Investment Committee (TIC) and TIC Asset Review Committee. Lead discussion on monthly reports.
- Serve on bank committees, as assigned.
- Conduct employee performance reviews for trust department staff.
- Achieve individual goals as they relate to the bank’s Strategic Plan and specific job functions.
- Participate in the business development efforts of the bank.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
"We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age."