Position Summary: The Paint Department Lead oversees the day to day tasks affiliated with the paint department. Assisting customers, customizing paints, and keeping the paint area organized are of the highest importance for this position.
1. Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
2. Mix and prepare paints, as well as generating all custom products.
3. Maintain manual records of product inventory.
4. Ordering and purchasing of products to maintain inventory.
5. Maintain accurate and consistent pricing of products.
6. Sustain accurate and up-to-date customer records.
7. Maintain a working relationship with vendor representatives to get the best products and pricing.
8. Prepare and deliver customer billing, as needed.
9. Maintain relationships with current customers to obtain additional business.
10. Visiting customers for additional sales, as needed.
11. Assisting customers in other departments in answering questions, finding products, and using the POS.
12. All other duties as assigned.
1. Advanced customer service skills.
2. Sales skills and experience preferred.
3. Organizational skills needed for administrative tasks.
4. Problem-solving skills.
5. Strong understanding of data organization software and techniques; POS and paint mixing system.
1. Prior sales experience preferred.
2. Prior industry knowledge/experience.
3. Administrative and organizational skills.
1. Walking steps.
2. Must be able to carry 5-gallon paint buckets.
Zelle is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled