Zelle HR Solutions is looking to fill an Executive Assistant role for the Capital Humane Society in Lincoln, NE. This is an amazing opportunity to work with great people for a great cause!
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Capital Humane Society is a private, 501c(3) non-profit community-supported organization and is not affiliated with any government agency or national animal welfare organization. We are an open admission shelter accepting all animals that need assistance regardless of age, health status or temperament. Capital Humane Society maintains contractual relationships to serve as the holding facility for Lincoln Animal Control and Lancaster County authorities when they capture stray animals or pursue animal seizures due to suspected abuse and neglect. Capital Humane Society has no legal authority to investigate animal abuse or seize animals.
Perform administrative and programmatic functions for the Executive Director, Leadership Team and front office.
- Answering and directing phone calls, receiving and distributing mail, scheduling appointments, planning meetings and taking minutes, writing and distributing correspondence, making copies, and developing and maintaining a filing system
- Bookkeeping, data entry, processing payments, handling cash, and credit card processing
- Creating and maintaining an inventory tracking system
- Performing daily audit of receipts/cash and taking deposits to bank
- Answering questions about lost and found animals, processing animal reclaims, completing the process of taking in surrendered and lost animals, and processing the paperwork for end of life services.
- Managing and maintaining website and social media
- Assisting in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports, ordering supplies, assisting with organizational administrative functions, opening and preparing mail
- Providing general support to visitors and serving as a point of contact for internal and external customers and addressing customer complaints
- Assisting the ED, Leadership Team, & Office Manager with contract oversight and review
- Assisting with the creation of manuals, trainings and programs
- Participating in special projects as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Experience with bookkeeping, MS Office Suite, using social media and maintaining a website
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong sense of professional judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions within the work environment.
- Minimum 40 hours per week; will routinely exceed 40 hours during a majority of the year. Rotating holiday work schedule required. Evening and weekend hours may be necessary in the event of an emergency, staffing shortages or a special event.
- The noise level in the office environment is usually quiet, though barking or whining of animals may be escalated at certain times in certain areas of the building.
- High exposure to animals whose reactions to the shelter environment cannot be predicted.
- Temperatures in the shelter environment are varied, though usually moderate, and dependent on the season.
- Potential exposure to zoonotic diseases and hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to work around animals without severe allergic reactions.
Zelle is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Zelle Human Resource Solutions