Software Developer/Database Admin - Senior
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position provides on-site software engineering, research, development and test support to DIA/ST/ATI-7 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station (CCSFS), Florida. Seeking resourceful and innovative engineer with experience developing software for embedded systems, backend development and database architecture. The selected individuals must be adaptable, innovative, creative, and ready to lead their organization on mission critical projects. Applicants are expected to approach problem solving with logical, yet creative ideas. Provides support for in-house technology development initiatives, including feasibility assessments of proposals and ongoing projects by other parties in government, academia, and industry.
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing customer’s operations, applications, and programming.
- Administer the overall data warehouse strategy, architectures and security, definition of data models, all data marts, evaluation of infrastructure components, software, performance, and data applications design
- Design and develop high volume data ingestion components and ETL solutions to collect data from various internal and external sources
- Review objectives with customer and team.
- Evaluate current systems.
- Recommend data governance processes, security standards, and models that will provide architectural guidelines to support the development initiatives
- Implement database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Provide database support by coding utilities, respond to user questions, and resolve problems.
- Proven experience in software development and software support
- Software development in a classified environment
- System architecture (understanding of Unix/AIX, MS SQL Server, and NT systems as relates to Data Warehouse infrastructure)
- Knowledge of and experience with Big Data technologies, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Redshift, etc
- JIRA/Azure DevOps experience
- Embedded programming in Linux and Arduino/C.
- Ability to create customized code to perform data harvesting, processing, exploitation and formatting. Includes ability to work code solutions which utilize data from multiple sites, sensors and/or data types.
- Good communications and listening skills are critical components of this job. Must be able to interact with development and infrastructure teams
- Database Design
- Data Maintenance
- Database Security
- Database Management
- Data labeling, relationships, cleansing & data correlation
- Requirements Analysis
- Presenting Technical Information
- Operating Systems
- Federal Cloud Computing Strategy and Standards.
- Knowledge and expertise in user access control for secure access to information systems.
- Data Science
- Experience with classified development platforms
- BA or BS 6-12 years related experience
- Current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Willingness to submit to a counterintelligence polygraph
TechnologyView all jobs at Zel Technologies