Are you looking for an interesting challenge? Come join Z-Modular and help to reinvent the way multi-story steel buildings are designed and built. Z-Modular is a steel modular company that designs and builds with HSS sections and our patented Vectorbloc® connection system. We build in a controlled factory environment and modules are shipped to the job site where they are erected in a very short time. The work is new and exciting!
Z-Modular is seeking a Structural Engineering Manager with a positive, collaborative work style for our new plant location in Chandler, AZ. This position would report to the Director of Engineering.
As Structural Engineering Manager, you will be in control of structural design for steel modular buildings and helping to develop design standards. You will help build relationships with team members, internal and external customers, suppliers, and subcontractors, while meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team. The experience will be challenging yet rewarding as you shape the future of design and construction.
- Serve as lead structural engineer on the design of Z-Modular projects.
- Build team of structural engineers and drafters.
- Ensure integrity of work and compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Evaluate, develop, and design modular components utilizing various construction materials (i.e. HSS steel, prestressed and reinforced concrete, masonry).
- Set Standards for Construction documents, drawings, reports, details, and supporting documentation.
- Provide technical oversight and leadership to help develop and coach engineers
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the Z-Modular and its core values.
- Supports in the allocation of resources, personnel, and products.
- Provide input and support strategy for proposals as needed.
- Coordinate with Construction to answer field generated RFI’s.
- Produce high quality project outcomes, deliver on time and on budget.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Structural, Civil, or Architectural Engineering with structural concentration.
- 10 + years of relevant experience and a proven track record of structural design of steel and concrete structures with seismic design and detailing experience.
- Must have multi story building design experience.
- Professional Engineer licensed in CA with the ability to gain licensure in additional jurisdictions
- Proficient in Structural Engineering software, including but not limited to: RISA-3-D and ETABS.
- Thorough knowledge of building structural systems, owning the ability to design steel and concrete structures.
- Ability to manage teams and to lead and guide engineers and drafters.
- Candidates shall have strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.
Why Work Here?Z Modular is transforming the modular construction industry with a stronger, taller, faster way to build hotels, multifamily residences, hospitals and more.
Competitive compensation, excellent benefits, tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, and RRSP!