Zeiss Industrial Metrology Detroit, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Provide Project Engineering support of the Projects Group from initial project inquiry until the deposition of equipment at end of life.
- Direct customer interfacing and site visits for new and existing projects
- Acting project systems expert, provide technical expertise and system knowledge for sales support and assistance with solution development to meet specific customer Metrology hardware needs.
- Creation of Zeiss standard methods for handling
- Design methodologies
- Automation design
- Application of Industrial standards
- Creation of custom engineered project specifications based off customer inputs and built upon industry and Zeiss standards:
- Initial theory of operation
- Scope of work for suppliers
- Engineering evaluation of supplier proposals
- Total costs and final proposal text
- Review and respond to customer specifications around complete project content
- Manage scope of custom engineered content throughout project execution including but not limited to:
- Generation of scope
- Supplier kick off
- Design approvals
- Management of customer, industry and Zeiss standards
- Qualification of deliverables and oversight of installation
- Management of customer changes and generation of change orders
- Full documentation and training of field service personnel
- Seeking motivated individuals with strong engineering aptitude and a desire to be trained on items specific to this job.
- Project systems expert providing technical expertise and system knowledge for sales support and assistance with solution development to meet specific customer Metrology hardware needs.
- Initial "Theory of Operation" and "Scope of Work" development with customer and sales for project bid.
- Review project for compatibility with existing automated systems.
- Deliver technical presentations to customers for review and approval.
- Communicate customer changes and needs to supplier engineering (Engineering/Manufacturing changes).
- Work with PM's in reviewing scope of work and obtain customer buy-off upon project completion.
- Assist PM's, FS, Sales, Software Engineering and Customers during the planning, build and installation of project systems.
- Train, document and support Field Service Technicians on special project requirements for installations, troubleshooting and general servicing.
- Interpret engineering drawings and specifications in order to actively develop and provide installation instructions and checklists in compliance with; contract drawing, site coordination, and installation requirements.
- Ensure project documentation is compliant with contract requirements
- Interaction with (communication) with other internal departments to increase customer service and or improve a Zeiss process or procedure (Dispatch / Tech-Support /Customer Care / Applications / Engineering / Sales / Production / Management / etc).
- Accepts responsibility for customer voiced concerns and obtains/implements the appropriate solution and or involves the proper Zeiss personnel to address the issue.
- Ability to evaluate customer environment and or other performance influences (operator error, tooling, fixturing, etc) and recommend/document applicable solution (Implement/test fix if possible).
- Ensures both customer and their equipment have been properly serviced (customer satisfaction).
- Commitment and sense of urgency to customer and or assigned task.
- Coordination of third party design sources
- Strong mechanical system knowledge.
- Able to read and understand mechanical engineering drawings
- Strong aptitude for continued learning and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Software capabilities: AutoCAD and 3D design in Solidworks or PRO-E along with MsOffice are required.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Assemblies, fixturing, tooling, industrial automation
- A four-year degree in engineering, automation or similar technical training; or equivalent work related experience will be considered.
- Experience in providing turn-key systems with integration to external equipment
- Familiarity with specifications for building, foundations, electrical
- Able to read and understand controls drawings
- Able to read and understand electrical diagrams
- Experience in environmental controls and other utilities
- Full system HVAC
- Electrical power supply and conditioning
- Pneumatic supplying provision and conditioning
- Knowledge of industry standards for capital equipment, HVAC, ergonomics etc.
- Experience in sales and or needs analysis in a “turn-key” capital equipment sales environment
- Broad based knowledge in areas from fixturing and automation to foundations and environment controls.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Zeiss Industrial MetrologyWhy Work Here?
One of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years.
With more than 27,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology. We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.