Zeiss Industrial Metrology Minneapolis, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
The Automation Technician is a multi-discipline role focused on installation and servicing custom equipment. They interact with customers and cross functional service groups in regard to support and launch ZEISS products into the field. Additionally, they aid the R&D team in projects realization as well as engineering work in relation to design, build, and new system testing. This position will also support the production of systems during various stages of assembly and setup.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Demonstrate strong and efficient troubleshooting skills.
- Utilize available technical information as a resource to define appropriate solution.
- Recognize problem areas and bring to customer attention, recommend appropriate solution and obtain approved Additional Fee Form to continue repair(s), accurately document the situation.
- Ability to complete scheduled service on time or ahead of schedule.
- Verify system functionality with customer prior to completing service
- Provide Customer training
- Act as 2nd level support liaison for US designed products
- Support R&D and production as needed to drive product improvements in terms of serviceability and productivity
- 1-3 years’ experience of deployment or servicing of capital equipment environments.
- 2-year vocational training or applied science program through accredited school. The preferred candidate will have specialized in automated systems or Robotic systems.
- Willingness to travel 75% some international
- Experience with, projects, technology systems and a strong mechanical background.
- Experience creating interdepartmental processes.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding and supporting XML code syntax.
- Ability to use hand tools and operate in a production setting.
- Understanding of common manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of automation systems, PLC systems and support of these systems.
- Knowledge of control system design and ability to review full system proposals.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to quickly communicate during troubleshooting
- Able to communicate the technology across different technical levels at customer sites
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Zeiss Industrial MetrologyWhy Work Here?
One of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years.
With more than 27,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology. We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.