Application Engineer - Zeiss Metrology Services
Zeiss Industrial Metrology Wixom, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Zeiss Metrology Services offers contract measurement, inspection and analysis work for customers on a fee-paid basis. The Application Engineer - Zeiss Metrology Services is responsible for supporting the revenue growth and success of Zeiss Metrology Services by efficiently providing metrology service solutions to service center customers. The Engineer is responsible for running one or more of the center’s measuring devices along with the associated software suites at the respective service center. Availability, response time and customer satisfaction are key success criteria for each service center and as such this position requires flexibility to work different shifts and/or weekends to meet customer demands.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistent delivery of acceptable customer results:
- Complete (nothing missing)
- Correct (no mistakes)
- Delivered on time
- Ability to setup and run all lab measurement equipment.
- Ability to select and use the best software for the job (Calypso, VG StudioMax, etc.).
- Deliver inspection reports per the job request.
- Monitor each systems performance for accuracy/repeatability issues.
- Peer review job results with colleagues.
- Assist Site Manager with quoting as necessary.
- Works safely – especially as it relates to radiation safety.
- Job requirement review with Site Manager prior to job start.
- Results review with customer (within 2 days of job completion – if possible).
- Prepare, submit and save a copy of proof of delivery (POD) to network drive.
- Help drive productivity by consistently and effectively utilizing Zeiss productivity tools (e.g., quick change tooling and fixturing, off-line programming, MCC and PiWeb, etc.).
- Other duties as required.
- A four-year degree in Engineering, Math or Physics. Alternatively, 5 years of experience in the Metrology industry.
- Calypso Software experience is a plus.
- Ability to read engineering drawings for dimensional control requirements.
- Ability to operate all types of Zeiss measuring machines including programming using Zeiss application software; setup and staging of parts; accuracy and repeatability verification; etc.
- Strong computer skills and affinity for computer aided data analysis products.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to learn independently to find solutions to potential customer’s problems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with an ability to create concise technical reports.
- Ability to reason and negotiate complex problems with customers.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and eagerness to be a part of a high-performance, fast growing segment of Carl Zeiss Industrial Metrology, LLC.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Zeiss Industrial MetrologyWhy Work Here?
One of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years.
With more than 27,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology. We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.