Counseling Service of Eastern District New York (CSEDNY) a non-profit organization that provides substance abuse treatment currently seeks a Substance Abuse Counselor for its Queens location. Must have two (2) years experience.
Under the supervision of a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, the ideal candidate will provide Counseling services for the Criminal Justice Population that are comprehensive and meet quality and quantity standards.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Documenting services appropriately and within specified time frames
- Demonstrating competency in recognizing the unique needs and applying relevant treatment
- Conducting individual and group sessions
- Psychosocial assessments and treatment planning
- Client intake
- Monthly progress reporting
- Maintaining charts
- Maintaining collateral contacts
- Discharge summaries
- Providing coverage for other staffers as needed
Qualified candidates have a Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling or Social Work and Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling Certification (CASAC). A LMSW or LMHC is a plus.
A bilingual Spanish speaker would also be a plus.
A minimum of two (2) years experience working directly with adults in the Criminal Justice Population and work in an 822 outpatient substance abuse clinic is required.
Ideal candidates will be computer savvy and will have experience in electronic charting systems (ex. ACCUMED). Candidates must be comfortable working independently and in a team setting.
Salary is commensurate on education and experience.