Location: Alameda, CA
Job Type:10-12 months Contract
The Temporary SAP Supply Chain Manager is a member of the team responsible for the successful implementation and delivery of the materials management module within the SAP S/4HANA migration project. This is a complex initiative that involves migrating the on-premise ECC system to an S/4HANA single tenant environment, updating corresponding interfaces with other cloud and on-premise solutions, and adopting best practices configuration and processes. This person manage global supply chain requirements within the team, attend all required project meetings, and ensure timely delivery of requirements, feedback and test attributes relating to complex technical and business requirements.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
1. Serve as the subject matter expert for global logistics, inventory management, direct procurement, sales and distribution in the migration of the on-premise SAP solution to the SAP S/4HANA single tenant cloud platform.
2. Ensure Materials Management, Sales and Distribution's configuration and practices enable products to move effectively across client's, CMOs, logistics, distribution providers, and external partners.
3. Identify key strategies to reduce risks and contribute towards the maintenance of a world-class, robust supply chain inventory and distribution strategy within SAP.
4. Support all transportation and storage/warehousing of goods (commercial and clinical) and reconciliation of inventory at all locations.
5. Manage inventory control processes and product flow (crossover with Finance).
6. Collaborate within teams to review project requirements, testing, and execution.
7. Coordinate with stakeholders, the Consultant team, on the overall project plan, project schedule, issues list, and management reporting.
8. Creates and executes testing scripts.
9. Contribute to on-going process and reporting improvements.
10. Manage on-going responsibilities, contributions to project compliance in accordance with established SOX controls.
11. Comply with company health and safety policies and practices.
1. Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience and/or combination of experience and education/training.
2. Experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry required.
3. SAP ECC Materials Management module is required.
1. Has extensive experience using SAP ECC materials management.
2. Has extensive experience in supply chain management in relation to the ERP system.
3. Experience with VAT and Tax to support movement of goods is a plus.
4. Experience working with teams to accomplish goals.
5. Experience testing and implementing within an IT project is a plus.
6. Experience leading multiple warehouse transitions and inventory moves within an ERP system.
7. Identifies and implements methods, techniques, procedures and evaluation criteria to achieve results.
8. Determines organizational or team objectives and interprets company policies.
9. Performs a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
10. Has good general knowledge of other related disciplines.
11. Applies strong analytical and business communication skills.
1. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
2. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation of criteria for obtaining results.
3. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.