Zamma Corporation Orange, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Zamma Corporation is the leading building products manufacturer in the United States within its niche, providing a full line of innovative, top quality, highly-engineered products and serving leading Home Center, OEM, and Distributor customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The company has been in business for over 50 years and enjoys a reputation for offering superior quality products at value-oriented prices, while providing first class customer service.
The Safety and Environmental Manager will develop, administer and trains on programs to ensure employee and company compliance with safety, health, OSHA, ANSI, environmental, federal, state and local regulations. Has responsibility for inspecting facilities, observing operations and activities, identifying and investigating concerns and all injuries and near misses, ensuring that all operations are in-compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations, applicable safety codes and other related regulations. Instrumental in developing and promoting a culture of safety awareness.
- Develops comprehensive safety and environmental program for the company.
- Conducts scheduled and unscheduled inspections to ensure compliance with applicable codes, regulations and guidelines.
- Observes work in progress, ensures that proper personnel protective equipment is worn and safety procedures are followed.
- Notifies management staff regarding violations of safety regulations and codes; makes recommendations and coaches for corrections and follows-up to ensure that violations have been corrected.
- Facilitates and manages company safety committee and safety improvement teams.
- Investigates safety and health concerns submitted by management, employees, employee organizations, the public and/or regulatory agencies; evaluates concerns and alternatives, makes recommendations to management for corrective action, as required.
- Supports and implements internal safety rules, policies and guidelines; prepares manuals, training outlines and employee instructions.
- Is responsible for annual update, distribution, and training of the Emergency Response Procedures.
- Establishes safety communications program, manages the roll-out and ongoing communication delivery.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- Principles, practices, applicable equipment and programs related to industrial safety and hygiene
- Standard occupational hazards, including accident analysis, prevention techniques, job hazard analysis, risk assessments and metrics
- Applicable laws, codes and safety regulations
- Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) requirements, reporting and audits
- OSHA requirements, reporting and audits
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Assessing risks and hazards and making effective recommendations for action and correction
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Physical Sciences or related field
- Five (5) years of professional experience in developing and/or administering industrial safety programs in a manufacturing environment
Zamma Corporation offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, company paid life and disability, matching 401(k), vacation, and holidays.
Zamma is an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer