Senior R&D and Prototyping CNC Machinist / Mastercam Programmer
ZT Precision Plano, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 to $95,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Senior R&D and Prototyping CNC Machinist / Programmer's will handle full part production being given a model and drawing and will be responsible to program, fixture, setup, operate and adjust numerous types of Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) single and multiple tool machining centers (3/4/5 Axis Mill and Lathe with Live Tooling) . They utilize custom control media, setups and program documents, to fabricate close tolerance (0.0002+/-"), high quality parts from metals, plastics and composite materials. Employment in this position also requires lifting 10-50 lbs, reaching, handling, turning/twisting, lifting/lowering, climbing, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, squatting, contact with metals, solvents, coolants, exposure to moving parts and tools, sharp cutters, slipping hazards, noise and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye, hand/arm and feet.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Programming CAM data for part production utilizing Mastercam.
- Prepare to set-up job (e.g., production orders, first article, fixturing) or run previously set-up job by reviewing work orders, working with operator's or setup documents, drawings or 3D models.
- Ensure that correct material (e.g., type and quantity) was issued per job and is free from defects.
- Select appropriate tooling.
- Identify type of set-ups required to machine part/assembly.
- Perform layout on parts/assemblies, as required.
- Perform machining operations using manual/CNC machines, as required.
- Generate (NC) Numerically Controlled programs and setup documents, using an on-line computer system and math (e.g., algebra, geometry, trigonometry), as required.
- Select machine accessories and holding devices (e.g., chucks, vises, turntables).
- Verify that equipment is in good condition and maintain as required.
- Identify fixtures and/or shop aids to be built and fabricate, using appropriate equipment (e.g., mill, lathe, bandsaw, drill press, sander, grinder), as required.
- Attach machine accessories, tools and shop aides, using dial indicators, edge finders, wrenches, bolts, clamps.
- Upload/download CNC programs to machine controller, using computing programs from various data locations.
- Troubleshoot and edit programming.
- Select and check cutting tools per program or CNC documents.
- Ensure cutters are the correct type, length, diameter, radius and are in good condition.
- Load and unload cutters following program information or set-up documents, using tool holders, spindle tapers, hand tools (e.g., wrenches, mallets, spanners).
- Set machine coordinates or index points per CNC documents, including cutter offset/compensations, tool heights and probes, using controller keyboard, coax indicator or digital readout, height blocks, shims and edge finders.
- Run CNC programs to machine rough and precision cut parts following CNC documents.
- Adjust machine settings (e.g., speeds and feeds) to correct machining problems or to prepare machine for next operation in sequence.
- Monitor machine during operation for unusual vibration or sounds, watch machine gauges and controller display or digital readout for warnings, visually check cutter path, clearance, chips to ensure smooth operation.
- Check work during each operation and/or after completed job to ensure parts are complete per drawing/plan and that there are no defects (e.g., tool marks, mismatch, incorrect cutter finish)
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials (e.g., coolants, solvents) in approved manner per Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), using personal protective equipment, as required.
- Assist other employees with setups, methods and procedures, by passing on verbal and written information and answering questions.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Very experienced Mastercam user with recent daily usage required. Certifications preferred but not required.
- Experience using a computer such as internet navigation, email, Microsoft Office and/or other specialized computer applications.
- Experience in setting and using precision measuring tools and equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and/or dial indicators.
- This position requires constant standing and walking, frequent bending at the waist, twisting, pushing/pulling, occasional kneeling and crawling, and lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Minimum 5 years machining experience
- Product manufacturing from model to finished part required.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings.
- At least 5 years of experience setting-up and operating CNC mills and lathes.
Other Relevant Information and Requirements:
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee..
We are Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award:
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
ZT PrecisionWhy Work Here?
ZT Precision is a AS9100D certified small manufacturing business with massive potential for growth!
ZT Precision a Zero Traction Company is an innovative product development and production manufacturing company. Our extensive experience in motorsports allow us to approach our clients' most challenging problems with fresh ideas for rapid solutions. We apply speed, agility, adaptability and engineering expertise to every project, swiftly transforming what's possible in our clients' industries — taking their projects to the next level.
1100 Progress StPlano, TX
ManufacturingView all jobs at ZT Precision