The Production Supervisor Sr. will report to the Vice President of Operations and works closely with other functional leaders in the company including those in Supply Chain, Sales and Finance. The Production Supervisor Sr will lead all Manufacturing activities including but not limited to: Provide leadership to 25 direct labor team members, implementation of daily production schedules, materials, equipment, tools and machine operations to produce parts in accordance with production procedures meeting the schedule due dates. Implements Safety standards, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement projects and activities for the production department. The position will drive efficiencies using Lean Manufacturing techniques and ensure consistency of standards, practices, and policies at a company facility.
In this position the Production Supervisor Sr will be part of the strategic planning team and is ultimately responsible for executing operation efficiencies and improvements related to the strategic plan. Must be decisive and possess the ability to choose an alternative course of action when necessary. This role requires a hands-on experience in the following areas:
o Production Management experience,
o Knowledge of Versabar products
o Strategic planning and project management,
o Customer service and problem resolution.
o Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization, and with staff.
o Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook, MRP system, AutoCAD is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide overall strategic and tactical direction for scheduling, production capacity and planning to meet customer expectations.
· Fosters and maintains plant safety performance standards and OSHA compliance and other applicable government agencies.
· Manage all production functions including fabrication, QA, finishing, and pack & ship while working closely with Supply Chain, Customer Service and Sales to ensure production schedule is achievable and met
· Provide oversight and guidance that drives rapid achievement in the Company's Continuous Improvement initiatives, while promoting the growth of the company's culture.
· Maintain and develop a Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement staff capable of achieving strategic and annual objectives
· Lead process improvement initiatives with alignment to long-term strategic objectives
· Lead and direct implementation of quality standards in sustainable manner
· Prepare and manage production budgets, coordinate plant activities through planning with departmental managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner in relation to capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
· Other duties as necessitated by business challenges
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Engineering or related field of study. A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing organization with 5 years Supervisory experience
Lean or Six Sigma Certification (desired, not mandatory) and demonstrated success and experience in leading a Lean organization.
Ability to guide and teach others in the Continuous Improvement tool set
Required Skills and Abilities:
Relationship Building: The Production Supervisor Sr will value people and create an environment where people can speak openly and know their opinion will be heard
Organizational Development: The Production Supervisor Sr will work closely with employees to train and educate in order to better align employees’ goal
Ability to Drive Change: The Production Supervisor Sr will seize business opportunities as they present themselves
Controlled Sense of Urgency: The Production Supervisor Sr will lead by example with regard to pressing business opportunities, i.e., production and on-time delivery
Good understanding of financial measurements (EBITDA, Inventory, Wage, Labor and overtime.)
Ability to champion the development and use of procedures, business practices and technology together with the management of available resources
Conform within current QMS, IPEMA/CPSC safety standards
Independent business judgment in establishing priorities coupled with acute problem-solving skills.
Participate and mentor processes in troubleshooting, Failure Analysis, Root Cause and Corrective Action processes as required.
Initiates and promotes the use of best practices, while driving the reduction of manufacturing discrepancies
This position requires full proficiency in EXCEL, WORD and AutoCAD in addition to a working knowledge of, and experience with, ERP/MRP business software systems. Experience with Macola a plus
Job requires moderate travel to visit thee or more sites, and a flexible schedule, reporting early and working later including occasional weekends.
Performance and Leadership Competencies:
- Results-oriented, self-starter—strong track record of achieving results.
- Team Player—ability to work across the organization.
- Ability to accomplish business objectives in a culture that values high-performance teams.
- Strong analytical, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess positive attitude and work ethic.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
General Safety, HAZCOM, Lock-out/Tag-out, Quality System Awareness
No adverse physical demands identified
Personal Protective Equipment:
Safety glasses and safety toe shoes, safety hat, ear protection are required when working in the manufacturing area.
Ideal Tridon offers products that connect and support pipes, tubes, and hoses that convey gases, liquids, and electricity. We are the global leader in worm gear, t-bolt, band, strut, specialty clamps, hose supports, conduit, and fastening solutions, as well as fittings and couplings. While billions of Ideal Tridon products have sealed critical connections for our customers, we continue to push the boundaries of innovative design. Our legacy and proven capabilities ensure that we’re well-positioned to support new applications and emerging markets. At Ideal Tridon, whether it’s the performance of our products or the responsiveness of our service, connections are at the heart of what we do.
Headquartered in Smyrna, Tennessee, with facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please check out our website.
ZSi-Foster exemplifies the Ideal Tridon companies. Inspired by innovation and backed by top customer service, ZSi-Foster serves a diverse set of end markets by offering a broad portfolio of highly engineered clamp, coupling, and support systems. Founded on the company philosophy of "easy to do business with”, ZSi-Foster re-defined the market. With a deep product portfolio of advanced clamps, quality quick disconnects, and accessories, ZSi-Foster has everything an industrial project requires.