Plan and direct civil engineering projects such as roads, bridges, and pipelines. Work with the Superintendent to develop a dynamic relationship co-responsible for total contract performance and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and understand plans and specifications.
- Follow administrative procedures as outlined in Project Administration Manual.
- Possess field expertise: inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
- Proficient with CPM scheduling program; produces accurate schedules as needed.
- Supervise and coordinates submittal process and working drawings requirements.
- Prepare or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, environmental impact studies, and designs for project as necessary
- Provide contract interpretation and clarification.
- Maintain and update project schedules by updating monthly schedules with assistance of Project Superintendent and Assisting Project Superintendent with weekly two week look ahead schedule review.
- Understand cost and productivity data.
- Maintain, verify, and report cost and income quantities for work performed.
- Review, approve, and submit progress billings.
- Analyze, prepare, and maintain sand monitors job costs and production budgets.
- Work with Superintendent to control job costs and production budgets.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely monthly cost, income, and cash flow projections.
- Execute and approve subcontractor requisitions and vendor invoices.
- Coordinate, price and assist Project Manager in settlement of change orders and claims.
- Respond to issues quickly; proactive in problem solving; handles multiple tasks.
- Manage time and organizes office and filing system efficiently; organizes and maintains accurate project correspondence files.
- Maintain subcontractor insurance certificate compliance.
- Maintain project compliance with underground utility notifications and locations (i.e. Miss Utility and others).
- Promote and participate in 2 week and long range planning with job team; includes job team in all planning.
- Treats all coworkers with respect; works well with subs and suppliers.
- Consistently applies and enforces Safety Policy at all times.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer literate: proficient with spreadsheet and word processing programs, proficient with CPM scheduling programs such as Primavera Project Planner, Project Management software, Microsoft Office software.
- Understanding of and experience using cost and productivity data.
- Communicates in clear and professional manner both verbally and in writing with job team and owners.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.