The Maintenance Manager is a key member of the plant leadership team who acts as a technical advisor and is responsible for overall maintenance, repair and/or replacement of plant manufacturing equipment and the overall facility itself.
- Oversees, plans and issues work orders to appropriate shift team members for the implementation of equipment modifications as well as preventative and any corrective maintenance.
- Prepares and coordinates maintenance resources and provides recommendations for capital and continuous improvement projects.
- Reviews the operation of equipment with appropriate personnel to identify maintenance issues in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity and Customer Satisfaction.
- Reviews location’s Key Performance Indicators KPIs (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to make recommendations for improving plant operations, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and maintenance problem resolution.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves the Maintenance department’s KPIs.
- Engages employees in problem resolution in order to improve production issues/efficiencies utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques as needed.
- Fosters a positive working environment and drives Maintenance team to meet set productivity targets and performance standards.
- Ensures all regulatory compliance with various governmental agencies such as city, county, state is met on a consistent basis.
- Monitors and reviews Maintenance budget on a monthly basis; Prepares and implements annual budget each fiscal year.
- Associates degree or Bachelors degree in engineering or operations management preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in Industrial Automation, PLCs, Pneumatics and Hydraulics, Injection Molding preferably in the Packaging Industry.
- Management experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process improvement roles including managing teams of people.
- Previous experience working in a Lean environment preferred.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification a plus.
- Exceptional leadership and proven team building skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and innovative problem solving skills.
- Has the ability to multi-task, prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
Microsoft Office Proficiency; SAP/QAD knowledge preferred