Basic Job Functions:
The Inside Sales Representative coordinates with the outside Sales Force, Production, Quality, Shipping, and
Mill Management to sell and provide customer service that exceeds our customer expectations. This includes
working to accomplish the overall goals and directives established by the Sales Manager and Management
team. We take care of our customers by creating focus on safety, quality, cost, service and productivity. Safety
is the most important part of all jobs ; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability
to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
Detailed Selection Criteria:
- Accountability: Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment while maintaining a calm demeanor and a high level of accuracy.
- Initiative/Can Do Spirit: Strong internal drive and goal orientation
- Thinking Skills: Proven negotiation skills. Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting good judgment and responsibility to their decision making approach. Excellent organizational, computer, and analytical skills.
- Listening and Communication: Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal); demonstrated experience in customer interaction.
- Fostering Teamwork: Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Leadership Presence: Demonstrated dependable self-starter with high energy, self-discipline, and motivation. Focus on continuous improvement.
- Experience in Inside Sales in the steel business or similar field
- College degree or equivalent experience in related field
- Willingness for occasional travel