ZS is a leading global management consulting firm. Our breadth of experience extends beyond the offerings available from other consulting businesses, which means we support clients in every step of the business process, from research to implementation. But our true niche – an expertise unmatched by any other in the industry – is sales and marketing.
ZS Corporate Support Teams operate the firm’s core internal enterprise functions. Our global teams comprise team-oriented, pragmatic and results-driven people who thrive in a challenging work environment. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a passion for quality customer service and dedication—whether our customer is a client or another ZS employee.
Administrative Services provides support services to ZS professionals as they complete their work. The administrative services team provides administrative support, travel planning, operations, catering coordination, and facilities management.
We seek an experienced administrative professional who is organized and energetic, with superb interpersonal skills for our San Mateo, CA office. The Administrative Assistant performs administrative support functions and operations for multiple consulting professionals within the office.
- Increase productivity of consulting professionals by handling the administrative tasks (such as, travel arrangements, expense reporting, calendar management, interacting with vendors and clients, email correspondence, etc.)
- Provide scheduling support to multiple individuals (appointment, calendar and meeting management)
- Complete expense reports within compliance guidelines, process invoices for payment, and assist with other administrative processes, as needed
- Prepare domestic and international travel logistics (itineraries, visas, etc.)
- Coordinate internal and external meetings/activities (i.e. venue selection/reservation and set-up, hotel accommodations, catering, etc.)
- Prepare and organize documents for client proposals and presentations as needed (contract tracking, printing, organizing and archiving meeting support materials)
- Address problems and troubleshoot with internal and external stakeholders
- Handle special projects with demanding deadlines
- Front desk reception back-up coverage (answering phones, greeting visitors, handling incoming/outgoing mail and deliveries)
- Participates in group learning and/or knowledge sharing
- Mentors new team members
- Hours are 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
- High school diploma required. Post-secondary education or Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of relevant work experience as an administrative/operations assistant, preferably in a professional services environment
- Fluent in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), travel and expense reporting applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor with ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Attention to detail, dependability, punctuality
- Proactive self-starter with ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience working both independently and with a team in a demanding environment
- Sense of humor appreciated
ZS is a global consulting firm. Fluency in English is required, additional fluency in European or Asian languages is a plus.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and overtime, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and 401k program. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.