We’re hiring an experienced Payroll Administrator!
We are seeking a Payroll Administrator who is responsible for timely and accurate payroll processing. The payroll administrator is someone who is a detail oriented individual. You will be responsible for managing payroll for our entire organization ensuring accuracy of all employee information.
A little about ZOOM+Care®
We care for over 200,000 people per year at our 40+ neighborhood clinics in Portland and Seattle. Our services include urgent care, primary care, specialty care, mental health, telemedicine and more. ZOOM+Care was built on the Promise of "Twice 1/2 Ten" - twice health, half the cost, ten times the delight. ZOOM+Care has been recognized for innovative care delivery and admired for its willingness to challenge the status-quo.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Managing full cycle bi-weekly time management and payroll for 400+ Exempt and Nonexempt employees consistent with labor laws.
- Interpreting new legislation impacting payroll and labor laws; addressing concerns as warranted.
- Auditing timecards for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Obtaining, compiling and entering Provider schedules in time management.
- Obtaining on-call shifts and ensuring Providers are paid according to company guidelines.
- Auditing PTO balances.
- Managing benefit deductions and taxes consistent with federal and state laws.
- Managing and processing special payouts, bonuses, commission draws, relocation and reimbursements.
- Managing the processing of wage garnishments, levies and withholding orders.
- Managing accurate processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and
- Coordinating payroll processes with departments to ensure guidelines are set and deadlines are met.
- Managing and resolving issues relating to payroll production.
- Communicating with third parties to ensure precise process of payroll.
- Compiling data from payroll sources for internal use, government requests and audits.
- Preparing relevant bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
- Managing internal and external audits related to payroll such as Worker’s Comp, 401(K), and State audits.
- Reconciling and uploading 401(K) contributions and loan repayments in Fidelity.
- Auditing W-4s and YTD earnings.
- Completing Verification of Employment, Department of Justice and Department of Labor requests.
- Overseeing the maintenance of current employee data in systems.
- Assisting and answering inquiries from employees.
- Analyzing existing employee data for accuracy of information; updating as required.
- Collaborating with vendors to ensure decisions and approaches are consistent with policies and workflows.
- Ensuring new systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, and PTO accruals are in line with company policies.
- Capable of working on multiple items at once, prioritizing one's own workload.
- Capable of communicating effectively to employees and their managers.
- Capable of working with daily deadlines.
- Intermediate Excel skills, including basic functions and formulas.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Audit and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate process change needs to other departments.
- Process improvement / Innovation minded.
Experience and Education
- Associate Degree or higher is preferred
- 2-4 years previous payroll processing experience
- Exciting compensation and benefits package including Health & Wellness Benefits, 401K with employer match, Paid Time Off & Parental Leave, and additional benefits and rewards.