As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!
The Project Manager‘s role is to plan, manage, and execute multiple project initiatives that create and sustain comprehensive solutions to deliver a world-class customer experience. These deliverables are managed from initiation to project close-out to ensure the quality of deliverables and timely completion. The role reports to the VP of Information Technology and oversees a portfolio of IT projects by managing the day to day operational activities across various internal functional departments within the Zones IT department. This role ensures projects align with the business strategy and deliver on time, boosting productivity and scalability while improving profitability.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Project Manager is primarily responsible for:
- Manage the day to day operational & strategic activities of projects across the various IT groups within Zones
- Track & report on pending/overdue actions of the various IT stakeholders
- Responsible for successful delivery in a matrixed resource environment for all the project deliverables
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders, including the customer project manager, through regular and proactively scheduled meetings
- Coordinate & manage outsourcing activities & deliverables
- Manage project activities through the effective use of project management principles and the specific methodologies adopted by Zones to achieve timely project completion and meet the defined project business objectives
- Develop and execute project plans for major Zones IT initiatives, in a matrix capacity with project team members throughout the organization
- Present recommendations for effective consensus decision making, taking into consideration risk analysis and impact assessment for project milestones
- Develop project resource and cost estimates
- Monitor actual project expenditures against project estimates and budgets
- Provide accurate and timely budget reporting
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with the project sponsor/business owner to ensure that business objectives are met and any changes are clearly communicated
- Communicate effectively with project team members, senior management and other managers whose staff are involved in projects
- Conform to customer service level agreements (SLA’s) to ensure decreased liability and penalties for not meeting SLA requirements