Under direction, supervises, assigns, reviews and participates in the work of staff responsible for
providing laboratory services in a clinical veterinary laboratory; ensures work quality and
adherence to established policies and procedures; provide training on proper laboratory test procedures
and sample collection processes; and performs the more technical and complex tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
The following duties are typical for this job role. Those individuals in this position may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
1. Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review and participate in the work of staff responsible for
performing chemical, biological, and physical tests of laboratory samples.
2. Establish schedules and methods for providing laboratory analysis and quality assurance program
services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate
3. Participate in the development of policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure
compliance with established policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and
improvements to existing standards and procedures.
4. Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; implement approved
policies and procedures.
5. Provide lab training to laboratory personnel on proper lab methods, procedures, and techniques.
6. Participate in the selection of laboratory staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with
employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
7. Attend and participate in professional group meetings.
8. Perform related duties as required.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
Supervise, organize and review the work of lower level staff.
Select, supervise, train and evaluate staff.
Operate and maintain advanced analytical equipment and instrumentation.
Organize and schedule lab work for group effectiveness.
Ensure adherence to safe work practices and procedures.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
BS Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist
*Employee Management is required
License or Certificate:
Powered by JazzHR