Are you a superstar searching for somewhere to really shine? Are you excited about working in the veterinary space? If so, please read on!
Zoetis Reference Labs is an innovative veterinary diagnostic laboratory who is looking to hire and train a Laboratory Accessioner in our diagnostic Laboratory in San Diego, CA. Come be a part of a great team!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling, processing and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing.
- Unpacks specimens and routes specimens by type to various staging areas.
- Prepares all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments or locations such as staging of specimens, centrifuge, etc.
- Prepares excess specimen samples for storage and resolves and documents problem specimens.
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling, sorting specimens, checking labeling, logging specimens, arranging reports for delivery, keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Abilities;
Applicants should be detail oriented, flexible, quick to learn, as well as be proficient in data entry and organizational abilities. Written and verbal communication skills are essential for this role:
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in data entry
- Medical background or experience with laboratory testing terminology or a strong aptitude to learn terminology
- Able to work productively, effectively, and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks systems simultaneously
- Effective verbal and written communications, especially listening skills
- Detailed orientated with regards to data entry and excellent typing skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to work within windows environment
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 30lbs
Current Shift offering is Full Time Tuesday- Saturday 6:00 PM – 2:30 AM
Powered by JazzHR