Who we’re looking for,
We’re looking for a full-time site-specific construction safety professional with a minimum of 3 years of construction safety experience.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Assist contractor with site safety best practices.
- Perform construction site visits and draft observation reports;
- Assist in accident report analysis and investigations to determine root cause, corrective action to prevent recurrence;
- Attend and participate in meetings when assigned;
- Flexibility for both jobsite re-assignments;
- Perform frequent safety audits of large construction sites which require standing, bending, walking, maneuvering uneven surfaces, climbing ladders and stairs on a regular basis to observe work on these sites;
- Complete reports of inspections in a timely manner documenting any noted deficiencies and follow up to ensure corrective action, include photographs, utilizing computerized information system;
- Provide instruction to contractors regarding construction safety issues;
- Assist in controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities though interface with contractor project management/supervisory and safety personnel;
- Must be able to work independently, be dependable and be a strong team member with ability to manage a number of projects concurrently, good time management skills are essential;
- Must have dependable transportation to travel to and from construction projects
- At least 3 years of experience in construction safety;
- Competent in fall protection, crane operations, and trenching and excavation;
- Knowledge of medical first aid procedures.
- Army Corps of Engineers safety requirements
- OSHA 30 Hour Training
- CSP Required
- Construction safety knowledge of renewable energy projects a plus;
- General knowledge in loss control and claims management acquired through hands-on experience;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present ideas clearly verbally and in writing;
- Knowledge of construction safety work rules/best in industry safety practices;
- Knowledge OSHA Part 1926 Construction Safety requirements including 1910 General Industry, DOT, MUTCD, NEC, NFPA and ANSI standards for construction.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make quick effective decisions.
Located at client site in Tuscaloosa, and required to visit sites throughout area. Vehicle required. Background check required.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Safety: 3 years (Required)
- OSHA 30 (Required)
- CSP (Required)
- One Permanent location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply