Senior Technology Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Technology Officer (STO) is responsible for the strategic vision and direction for the organization’s technology needs in collaboration with the Chief Financial & Administrative Officer and the Leadership Team. The STO executes against the organization’s strategic technology plan, ensuring that ZTT takes advantage of emerging technology innovations and platforms, maintains reliable, secure, and HIPPA-compliant technology systems and IT services. In addition, the STO provides guidance and implementation oversight on individually funded projects’ unique technology needs in collaboration with project directors.
Reporting to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, the STO provides leadership and oversight of the IT department, vendors, technology platforms, and services. This individual leads the development of systems and streamlined processes that make optimum use of current technology resources to meet business needs as well as plan for future technology initiatives. The STO is responsible for data governance and the integrity of all information technology platforms and databases to ensure security, availability, reliability, and data privacy.
ABOUT ZERO TO THREE
Founded in 1977, ZERO TO THREE works to ensure that babies and toddlers benefit from the early connections that are critical to their well-being and development. Our mission is to ensure that all babies and toddlers have a strong start in life. At ZERO TO THREE, we envision a society with the knowledge and will to support all infants and toddlers in reaching their full potential. Our Core Values Statement: We believe that how we do our work is as important as what we do. To learn more about ZERO TO THREE, please visit our website at zerotothree.org.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
ZERO TO THREE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring, advancement, and professional development. It is dedicated to diversity in its work, its staff, and community partners. This is an exceptional opportunity for a professional who shares our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and supports our mission to enhance outcomes for all children.
Internal Advisor and Strategic Partner
- Serve as internal consultant and strategic advisor to the Leadership team, departments and programs on information technology and cyber security.
- Work collaboratively across the organization and think holistically about guiding and recommending technology solutions and shared services to meet organizational, department or program business objectives.
- Cultivate strong and effective relationships with stakeholders through proactive communication and active partnering for improved business systems and services.
- Create a culture of inclusion and communication to ensure that the needs of all staff at all levels of the organization are considered in the development of the IT strategy, roadmap, and tool selection.
- Develop strong relationships with IT service providers with an eye towards service levels and cost management.
Strategy and Leadership
- Create a strategy, vision, and roadmap that aligns with the organization's priorities and supports a forward-looking operational vision for ZTT in an evolving hybrid workplace.
- Develop highly effective and user-friendly technology systems for internal and external users with a standard set of platforms and tools for collaboration and productivity.
- Perform technology cost analysis to determine the true value of a technology investment and outline the return on investment and the total cost of ownership.
- Enhance a change management process for both IT-related system changes, as well as business processes.
- Lead and develop an efficient and competent IT team to serve as valuable partners to ZTT staff, who work both on-site and off-site, by ensuring reliable and responsive customer service support.
- Provide project management leadership and high-quality IT support on technology projects and implementations.
- Develop and regularly update all IT policies and procedures, including business risk analysis, incident response plan and disaster recovery.
- Manage IT vendors and all aspects of IT related vendor selection and risk analysis to ensure that technology options under consideration are fully aligned with strategic, compliance (HIPPA, GDPR and other regulations) and operational objectives.
- Develop and monitor the approved annual operating and capital budgets for information and technology systems.
- Maintain a leadership style that is fluid and open, and empower staff through active communication and delegation, and promote teamwork.
- Foster an environment of achievement and ensure staff accountability for excellence through clearly defined and measurable goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned for the purposes of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the organization.
- Prepare and manage annual goals that align with the organization’s priorities and ensure IT’s ability to deliver on its objectives.
- Oversee systems development and implementation across ZTT and ensure modern delivery, including agile development and product management.
- Lead and develop enterprise data analytics capabilities and dashboards.
- Ensure organization-wide compliance with data privacy standards and related intellectual property through information security and access management.
- Continuously enhance cyber security practices and annually review and update IT standards, policy, and procedures in preparation for the SOC2 audit.
- Optimize costs and look for opportunities for continuous improvement of technology services.
Skills and Experience
- A track record of IT leadership, staff development, creative problem-solving, conflict resolution, and organizational capacity building.
- 10 plus years of proven technical and functional experience and project management experience.
- A background in not-for-profit or association industry IT leadership would be considered a plus.
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, personally and in previous leadership roles.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and the ability to build a culture of transparency and business partnership.
- Success leading internal change management processes and agile methodology.
- A deep understanding of how to build flexible, adaptable, scalable, and integrated technology solutions to support ZTT’s current and future needs.
- A track record of building strong relationships across the organization and with vendors.
- Experience with Salesforce, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Office365, and marketing platforms is highly desirable.
- A commitment to cybersecurity and experience developing and leading a robust cyber program.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and embrace the organization’s mission and culture. Ability to grasp early childhood issues a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in cross-functional project management methods and managing cross-functional teams.
- Encourages and practices critical thinking
- Is self-reflective and empathic
- Recognizes the influence of workplace relationships on outcomes and results
- Maintains a respectful and accepting approach to others
- Awareness of the influence of the larger context on individual behavior
- Collaboratively and creatively supports the work efforts of colleagues at all levels and in all areas of the organization
A minimum of a bachelor's degree. 10 years of robust technology leadership experience will be valued and considered in place of academic credentials.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is frequently required to use finger dexterity as well as sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and can read a computer screen. Also, may need to remain seated for long periods of time and can perform repetitive motions and hold objects. Employee may be required to hold a writing instrument, communicate verbally, and hear well enough to detect nuances and receive detailed information. The employee may need to push or pull objects, bend, squat, reach, stand, or walk, kneel.
The work conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job. Depending on work location, the incumbent will typically work indoors in a heated and air-conditioned office, with a mixture of natural, incandescent, and fluorescent light with low to moderate noise levels or be subject to working conditions conducive to a home environment. When travel is expected, the incumbent will be exposed to outside environmental conditions during those times.
ZERO TO THREE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Powered by JazzHR
ZERO TO THREE National Center for Infants, Toddlers & Families
Get fresh Chief Technology Strategist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.