Director of Finance
ZBETA CONSULTING INC Henderson, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Director of Finance
Reports To: CEO
ZBeta is a world-class physical security consulting and system design firm. Our goal is to help our clients transform the professional security function into a model of excellence and empower organizations to perform at their best.
We are independent and product agnostic, we resist the appeal of cookie-cutter, path-of-least-resistance solutions and remain uncompromisingly focused on you and your business. We bring decades of expertise, diverse perspectives and hundreds of lessons learned to every challenge. Our reputation is built on relationships, our innovative approach, our meticulous attention to detail and our ability to deliver at scale.
The ZBeta Director of Finance is a member of the corporate management team, and owns the company’s finance, legal, procurement, and office-services functions. The Director of Finance is a key contributor to the development and delivery of the organization’s business strategy and performance objectives, provides thought leadership and support for all ZBeta teams, and is responsible for managing critical business functions such as budgeting, accounting, time keeping, billing, and compliance.
The Director of Finance will work with the CEO and other members of the ZBeta leadership and management teams to create and sustain a company that is extremely well-managed, highly organized, performance oriented, and financially sound. The Director of Finance will help to ensure that ZBeta executes its own business functions with the same commitment to quality and integrity with which it serves its clients.
Job Focus and Responsibilities
The essential functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Contribute to the development of corporate strategy and business objectives from the perspective of finance-owned functions.
- Participate in key business decisions as member of the corporate management team and create, implement and manage major business operations plans to support those decisions.
- Track core financial and non-financial KPIs for the business, analyze current vs historical data and industry benchmarks and regularly report findings to leadership and other members of the ZBeta management team.,
- Work with Operations group personnel to develop, manage and track key financial performance indicators for both company and project financial performance.
- Work with Operations and Growth team leadership to evaluate and understand the potential risks and challenges of new opportunities (e.g.: new vertical markets, geographical areas, etc) and to make recommendations for appropriate business strategies and approach.
- Lead efforts, in conjunction with ZBeta leadership and management teams, to evaluate product and service pricing frameworks, recommend adjustments where needed to address market dynamics, and drive implementation at a project and client level.
- Own strategic initiatives including financial planning, analysis, and development of accounting functions; these functions will cover all internal financial processes and all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial planning and budgeting efforts.
Financial Management & Accounting:
- Create and maintain corporate financial budgets and manage all business accounting practices. Coordinate with company leadership and management personnel to obtain budget input and track progress.
- Manage processes for time keeping, invoicing, and collections. Coordinate with leadership and management personnel to create, refine and implement these processes.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and distribution of monthly, quarterly, year-end financials. Coordinate with leadership and management personnel to define specific reports
- Manage and operate all systems and tools for finance, accounting, expenses, timekeeping, billing, etc. Identify automation opportunities and evaluate and implement new systems and tools.
- Drive reporting standards (both up and down the organization) for critical business and project financial information in support business objectives and KPIs.
- Effectively communicate and present on financial matters to key stakeholders and leaders as needed.
- Manage company cash flow, credit and cash accounts, and manage and prepare, monitor and regularly update cash flow projections.
- Improve, automate, and streamline current accounting and reporting procedures to maximize the contribution to the overall corporate strategic and business goals.
- Manage monthly, full-cycle accounting activities for the company, oversee month end closing procedures including account and ledger analysis and reconciliation.
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied.
Accounts payable and receivables management
- Work with Growth and Operations teams to establish and document billing and invoicing requirements and strategies for each client and project.
- Partner with customer facing teams to find appropriate resolutions for customer billing and invoicing issues when needed.
- Perform and manage monthly billing and invoicing functions. Prepare pre-billing and post-billing reports. Review, reconcile and update records for labor and expenses. Prepare and deliver monthly project invoices and manage accounts receivable and collections functions. Coordinate with client relationship managers
- Manage all incoming invoices from subcontractors and vendors. Manage accounts payable functions and ensure timely and appropriate payments.
Contracts & Risk Management:
- Manage the evaluation, negotiation, and execution of client, subcontractor, and vendor contracts and agreements.
- Manage business insurance policies and compliance with applicable regulations and authorities.
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel and other subject matter experts in addressing legal issues, including those related to contracts, agreements, insurance claims, copyright, licensing, etc.
Asset & services management
- Lead the evaluation and selection of new vendors and services related to office space, office equipment and overhead functions.
- Manage all contracts, agreements, and leases for corporate offices and office service vendors.
- Work with IT to procure all required office and productivity equipment. Maintain equipment inventories, manager service needs, and ensure proper disposal.
- Work with all department heads to establish and monitor budgets and discuss ongoing performance against relevant KPI’s budgets and forecasts
- Partner with customer facing teams to find appropriate resolutions for customers when needed
- Work closely with the leadership team on strategic projects and initiatives
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members as needed
- Coach department heads regarding their financial responsibilities and effective financial management techniques
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and decentralized work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority efforts and initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to contribute strategically as well as work hands-on for core day to day finance and accounting functions.
- Supervisory experience with the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and statistical skill sets.
- Proficiency in accounting and operational support software (we use BQE Core, ADP, QuickBase) as well as Microsoft Excel.
- 7 - 10 years of experience working in professional services companies.
- CPA license or experience, a plus.
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar discipline.
- Experience preparing financial statements and relaying information to Executive level team members.
- A combination of professional or educational experience (whether formal or informal) that aligns with the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above.
Our company provides competitive compensation based on experience. Our excellent benefits package includes 100% paid premiums on health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short term disability, a 401k retirement plan, remote working environment, and work place flexibility. We are an equal opportunity and drug free employer.
ZBETA CONSULTING INC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at ZBETA CONSULTING INC