PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Catalog Designer is responsible for the creation of visual concepts that communicate ideas that inspire and captivate Z Gallerie customers and prospective customers. They are responsible for graphic development, layout and production of our monthly catalog supporting Z Gallerie’s overall visual and graphic strategy according to the brand’s standards and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands the Z Gallerie brand and the application of its look and feel for consistency across channels. Maintains overall appearance, consistency and point of view.
- Collaborates with internal partners to deliver exceptional creative material (concept to completion) that meet Z Gallerie brand objectives via appropriate use of typography, photography, illustration and other appropriate medium.
- Works directly on site with photographer, stylist and copywritter to develop catalog layouts, determine product position and product copy layouts.
- Accurately follow existing catalog templates and standards as well as develop a style guide for headlines, feature call outs and product copy.
- Developes new concepts to illustrate monthly catalog themes, while maintaining our overall brand aesthetic.
- Partner with catalog director and production team to direct retouching and proofing of catalog images.
- Works collaboratively with Catalog Director, Creative Director, and Brand Design Manager while ensuring timely project completion.
- Researches, identifies and shares current industry design trends and competitive reviews as they relate to the brand.
- Ensures that our creative assets remain cutting edge and steps ahead of our competition by monitoring catalog and editorial trends in fashion, home furnishings and other related areas of marketing.
- Actively participates in meetings and design critiques.
- All other duites as assigned.
Education & Formal Training
- B.A. or B.F.A in graphic design
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to translate strategic intent into compelling design concepts
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Thinks big picture and is always looking for the next idea.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
- More than 30 hours per week is spent sitting in front of a computer.
Experience & Skills
- 3 - 5 years experience related experience in fashion, home or other retail environments
- High level of proficiency with graphic and multimedia software and applications such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with designing for both digital and print environments and an understanding of the printing process and procedures
- Requires many hours working in front of a computer and extended periods of telephone work.
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing a computer).
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Software Powered by iCIMS