Work Week: Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Ocassional overtime may be required.
The Senior Logistics Agent is responsible for receiving, storing and maintaining inventory as well as arranging for domestic and/or international transport of a client's commodity from a warehouse to the client's specified destination.
The Agent will also assist and support the branch Supervisor and other Logistics Agents in department operations and is responsible for handling and assisting with the most crucial accounts in the Logistics department.
- Maintain inventory of a client's commodity in the warehouse.
- Resolve discrepancies between items received, stored and shipped.
- Make necessary trucking arrangements for shipping client's merchandise.
- Calculate handling, receiving and shipping charges and billing for customers.
- Prepare and process shipping documents (bill of lading, shipper's instructions, Certificates of origin).
- Provide excellent customer service and meet client's requirement.
- Manage the customs process with our customs broker and insure that our freight delivers on time to our customers.
- Assist with supervisor with duties such as double checking shipments, labels and other shipping documents as well as with special projects.
- Select which trucking company to use by pricing out and arranging quotes.
- Assist department operations when supervisor is not available.
- Train new Logistics Agent(s) on SOP(s).
- Support other projects and assessments as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of related logistics experience in a related environment (directly related administrative experience may also be considered in lieu of logistics experience).
Bi-Lingual Spanish a plus but not required.
- Prior experience in a leadership/senior level position, preferred.
- Employee must be comfortable working on logistics assignments in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to train other Logistics Agent(s) on SOP(s)
- Ability to communicate professionally in verbal and in