Manufacturing Support Technician (Production)
- Posted: over a month ago
Summary of Responsibilities
The Manufacturing Support Technician is responsible for ensuring all aspects of the granulation operation are accomplished to meet production requirements – this includes the operation of Granulator 2, 3, 4 and frequent monitoring of Fluff Silos 212 A, B, C. In addition, this role is responsible for specific housekeeping assignments set forth in the Plant Housekeeping Plan and as directed by Production Supervisors, Production Leads and/or Production Engineers. The Manufacturing Support Technician is also responsible for meeting company goals related to safety, quality, production and cost.
- Believes in the “Safety First” philosophy. Complies with all safety standards. Actively participates in safety programs and is a safety advocate.
- Assembles Granulation Production data to track product movement and assist with inventories and material balance.
- Executes daily granulation and housekeeping plan. Constantly monitors Fluff Silo levels and keeps the Production Lead and Pelletizing Technician updated on the status of the Granulators and Fluff Silos. Responsible for floor organization and material flow. Must be available to work overtime as necessary, rotating shifts, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Operates all equipment and manages processes by strict compliance to procedures and operational guidelines.
- Responsible for performing Bulk Density quality checks as needed to maintain recycle product uniformity. Responds to quality problems with proper process response.
- Promotes positive team interactions to support unified approach to achieving company goals. This includes the ability to effectively communicate (both oral and written), receive constructive criticism and alter performance to correct deficiencies, train, be trained, work to resolve team conflict, supportive of on-coming shift, effective shift changeovers, and proactively supporting other members within team.
- Capable of troubleshooting process equipment. Ultimate progression based on the degree in which this skill is developed and applied. Helps to transfer knowledge gained to other team members.
- Responsible for accurate and complete record keeping of work area activities and product tracking. Assure compliance on appropriate forms, labels, checklists, and log books including, but not limited to, quality results, process conditions, equipment status, line checks, events and incidents, maintenance work performed, process adjustments, and troubleshooting.
- Understands production requirements, including rates, quality standards and test methods. Actively participates in achieving goals.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance of equipment. Works closely with maintenance group in selected projects.
- Assists other operational groups such as finishing, packaging, maintenance and quality, when required. Responds to line upsets to assist Rear Forming with securing the Forming Line.
- Assists in training new team members in terms of safety, quality, machine operation and self-directed team concepts.
- Proficient in the safe use of forklifts, clamp trucks, motorized handcarts and other material handling equipment, as required.
- Ensure appropriate levels of operating supplies are maintained such as cleaning materials, tools, gloves, etc.
- Helps promote continuous improvement through involvement in team meetings, safety initiatives, task forces, focus teams, etc. Key element in performance review.
- Maintains housekeeping in YA facilities and grounds.
- Other duties as assigned as assigned by Production Supervisor, Production Lead or Production Engineer.
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation, professionalism and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability collaborate with teams across the organization.
- Able to work cross functionally and collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn in various areas throughout the plant.
- Availability to work overtime as necessary; rotating shifts, weekends and holidays to support the Production Plan. Works as part of team in hands-on way whenever necessary, including coverage of short or long-term
- Yupo is a 24/7 manufacturing operation; therefore, this position requires shift work and flexibility.
- 2 weeks on days
- 2 weeks on nights
- 12 hours shifts
- 2 | 2 | 3 schedule (2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off)
Yupo Corporation America
ManufacturingView all jobs at Yupo Corporation America