APPLICATION PROCESS - Please submit a cover letter and resume for this position when applying.
AT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people have the opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity.
ABOUT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first programs to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for executing maintenance and upkeep of equipment, buildings, vehicles and other agency facilities.
- Organize maintenance and repairs, including building and appliance repairs, general plumbing, and painting. Ensure compliance with federal and local health and safety standards.
- Assess, and determine need for preventative maintenance and repairs in conjunction with and under the direction of the Facilities Manager.
- Transport vehicles as needed, including 15-passenger vans.
- Perform monthly safety meeting.
- Perform regular and emergency repairs as required within local and state health, fire and safety codes.
- Make regular inspection of properties and equipment and determine need for repairs and specialized maintenance.
- For repairs and/or construction requiring specialized skills, work with Facilities Manager to provide supervision of project and coordination with program schedule.
- Supervise craftsman or additional maintenance personnel, including contract and temporary maintenance staff, and/or interns, making repairs on facilities.
- Ensure a regular maintenance schedule is kept on agency vehicles.
This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements including but not limited to DCYF background check and must be at least 21 years of age.
- 5 or more years comparable work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with basic building maintenance including making a diagnosis, repairs, plumbing, painting, and carpentry.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance (preferred).
- Nature of work requires following basic safety precautions utilizing personal protective equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate, and teach others to operate, standard office equipment, home appliances, hand and power tools. Must have good manual dexterity and hand eye coordination when operating hand and power tools.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have good manual dexterity and hand eye coordination when operating hand and power tools.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Valid state identification or passport.
- Must possess a valid WA State Driver’s License and can drive.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to accurately maintain and produce files, records, logs and reports.
- Available to be “on-call” when requested and promptly respond to work order requests.
- Acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural and spiritual practices.
- This is a position requires frequent walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around properties. Must also can operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. independently and 50 lbs. with assistance. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other properties as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Work environment can be indoors in an office, or outdoors in various weather conditions.
BENEFITS: YouthCare provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), vacation, paid holidays, and sick leave after successful completion of the 90-day Introductory Period.