Please apply for this position directly on our website: https://cho.tbe.taleo.net/cho02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=YOUTHCARE&cws=39&rid=1194
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Engagement Services, the Associate Director – Orion Center will be responsible for providing supervision, consultation and oversight for YouthCare’s Engagement Services at Orion Engagement Center and lead programmatic liaison for YouthCare’s partnerships that operate within the center. This includes developing, reviewing, and providing oversight of program policies and procedures; monitoring contract compliance and ensuring full utilization of resources and successful stewardship of grant monies; developing, planning, and implementing strategies for program continuation and growth including outreach and training to community partners; working with program team to develop and implement staff training; working with agency compliance and program quality team members to ensure readiness for internal and external audits; conducting case reviews; preparing department budgets; partnering with the Director of Engagement Services to ensure excellence in overall program service delivery and collaborating effectively across the organization to provide continuity of services and efficient person-centered programming. This position is directly responsible for overarching leadership of YouthCare’s Orion Center (serving 50+participants a day), the interdisciplinary team of staff who manage and operate the Center, and current and additional projects developed tied to Orion, such as the Kaiser Clinic, mental health services provided by Kaiser, and programmatic provider partnerships in and around downtown Seattle.
The position requires an individual who is a strategic thinker, a strong implementer, whose passion for this work is matched with decisiveness, outstanding communication skills, strong understanding of YouthCare’s culture, and a keen ability to set high expectations for both staff and young people. The Associate Director - Orion will foster a healing, nurturing environment, and culturally relevant real-world experiences that set participants along pathways to pursue and achieve YouthCare’s 4 core outcomes – maintain housing, financial stability, wellness, and network of support.
AGENCY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain dynamic collaboration with the Director of Engagement Services concerning program functioning, cross program partnership and agency goals.
- Provide supervision, oversight, and consultation for Orion Center services, and project partnerships
- Participate on internal agency, local, regional and state-wide boards, task forces, committees and projects, as assigned.
- Manage external relations including funders and other community resources, as assigned
- Oversee and actively manage all program contracts, ensuring compliance and excellent outcomes
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual, internal and external programmatic and fiscal reporting
- Develop and implement training of agency staff, as needed.
- Review, revise and implement program policies and procedures.
- Participate in the grant writing process – generate and draft content, narrative, data, and budget materials
- Oversee the on-call support system for Orion Center.
- Develop and complete program and contract budgets, track and facilitate monthly program and site expenses, oversee program budgets for compliance, appropriateness of fund use, and on-time completion of monthly expense reporting, including credit card logs and system.
- Develop and provide presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Attend conferences as required and/or assigned.
- Participate in the hire and supervision of staff, ensuring clear understanding of job requirements and obligations, supervising 3-6 FTE
- Provide consultation for all team members including Program Managers, Program Supervisors and Case Managers, as needed and assigned
- Set solid, attainable goals and hold performance reviews against these goals; encouraging learning and educational opportunities, both professionally and personally.
SPECIFIC PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare for internal and external audits.
- Review employee case notes and case management documentation and file completion
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies for addressing vicarious trauma.
- Prepare reports and billing, as required.
- Manage and participate, as needed, in the 24-hour emergency on-call system.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with relevant entities, including families, schools, homeless agencies, and public service groups.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
SAFETY MANAGEMENT AND CRISIS RESPONSE:
- Oversee functioning of the Orion facility, by supervising the Orion Operations Supervisor, and liaising with Agency Operations and Facilities.
- Assess potential emergency situations and coordinate a team that supports participants with behaviors such as drinking, substance abuse, defiance, and mental health diagnoses
- Ensure each member of the Orion Center team is properly trained and effectively provides intensive support with participants
- Understand what client related symptomatic behaviors might be expected and how to manage them.
- Respond to crisis situations involving Orion, these may include break-ins by responding to alarm company, consultation with staff, natural disaster, or facility needs.
- In conjunction with team monitor participant behavior and make decisions regarding adherence to guidelines. This may include de-escalation, asking someone to leave program, or redirecting behaviors
- Communicate effectively to teams across agency in times of crisis. Interact as needed with outside parties such as the police department, child protection, neighbors, in accordance with agency values. Lead staff and volunteer team debriefs of incidents. Attend to signs to secondary trauma of staff and volunteers.
This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience serving young people experiencing homelessness, housing stability, poverty, and systemic oppression, or Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or relevant field of study with 5 years of experience.
- Possess five or more years of supervisory experience or strong history of effective leadership and management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively manage a large volume of work, be organized and detailed, successfully multi-task and complete assignments on short notice with tight time constraints and meet deadlines; and provide responsive customer services to internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client/staff relationships and related work products.
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as approaching deadlines or job ambiguity); handles stress in a manner that maintains teamwork and respect for others and to the organization.
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements including but not limited to DCYF background check and must be at least 21 years of age.
Why Work Here?YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and retirement!