Youth Villages is a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
Youth Villages' Residential Treatment programs serve children with emotional and behavioral problems. Our residential campuses provide the setting for an intensive treatment program that combines the unique balance of structure and freedom. This enables children and their families to identify, understand and cope with their individual needs and develop the skills necessary to succeed in less restrictive settings. We have three different types of facilities-Intensive Residential Centers, Open Campuses, and Group Homes. Located in Tennessee and Georgia, all of these facilities utilize the Re-Education of Emotionally Disturbed Children therapy model (Re-Ed).
- Maintain the assigned environment in a neat and orderly fashion free of dust, grime, cobwebs, etc.
- Reduce the hazards associated with disease transmission through the application of various soaps and germicides.
- Maintain a sufficient supply of paper, cloth, and sanitary supplies to youth, staff, and visitors.
- Other duties as assigned including:
- Clean upholstered furniture as needed.
- Replenish bathroom and kitchen supplies daily.
- Transport trash and waste to disposal areas daily.
- Record freezer and refrigerator temperatures daily.
- Clean glass throughout the building as needed.
- Clean kitchen appliances, run and/or empty dishwashers, and clean counter tops.
- Clean all rooms including: Offices, Bedrooms,
- Kitchens, Bathrooms, Hallways, Lobby, Family
- Rooms, Nurses' Stations, Dining Rooms, and Atriums daily.
- Report any torn or broken furniture, broken glass, etc. to maintenance.
- Clean up blood spills, urine, and feces when needed.
- Keep hygiene closets supplied with clean towels/wash cloths.
The Part-Time Environment Services Specialist schedule is Saturday & Sunday, 16 hours per week.
A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
Must have reliable transportation.
Must enjoy being around children.
Must have at least 1 year of experience in general cleaning.
5 years experience preferred.
Must work well with other team members.
Must be on time daily for work.
Requisition ID: 2019-4924
Job Locations: TN-Memphis
Relocation Assistance: No
Position Type: Part-Time