Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
Youth Villages is expanding intensive residential treatment on the Bartlett, TN campus! Bill's Place will address a gap in services for youth with a higher need of integrated, supported care. The 100,000 square-foot expansion will allow 435 boys and girls to be helped annually through our intensive residential services, allowing Youth Villages to help many of the children who otherwise would be on a waiting list.
Bill's place will be a welcoming space with natural lighting and interior finishes that provide a safe, comfortable, and fun environment.
The expansion will include:
- Theater and musical performance room with space for therapeutic drumming
- Gym, outdoor pool, exercise room & outside playground
- Classrooms and modern computer lab
- Family counseling rooms
- Expanded health station with additional nursing and psychiatric staff, pediatricians, dentists, and optometrists
- Physical & occupational therapy room
- Sensory therapy rooms
- Neurofeedback therapy programs
Youth Villages has grown over it's 33 years from helping approximately 40 youth in West Tennessee to more than 28,000 children and families annually across 20 states and D.C. The addition of Bill's Place complements Youth Villages' results-oriented programs and expands the organization's outreach in providing services to children with emotional, behavioral and medical concerns.
Youth Villages' Residential Treatment programs serve children with emotional and behavioral problems. Our residential campuses provide the setting for an intensive treatment program that combines the unique balance of structure and freedom. This enables children and their families to identify, understand and cope with their individual needs and develop the skills necessary to succeed in less restrictive settings. We have three different types of facilities-Intensive Residential Centers, Open Campuses, and Group Homes. Located in Tennessee and Georgia, all of these facilities utilize the Re-Education of Emotionally Disturbed Children therapy model (Re-Ed). The youth on our residential campuses have ben referred to us for many different reasons. Each campus focuses on different referral behaviors such as severe aggression, sexual behaviors, suicidal and self-harming tendencies and many other severe behaviors.
- The clinical manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the counselors as well as the clinical services for the program.
- Provide support and assistance as needed to team. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and other essential duties.
- Assists in developing and overseeing any specialized Treatment Procedures
- Evaluates and refers youth for psychiatric and psychological consultations
- Assigns caseloads, implements processes and policies, oversees professional growth, and quality of service of the clinical department
- Monitors case progress to ensure that youth are receiving the appropriate level of care
- Collaborates with clinical consultant and MLCs in planning off campus passes
- Attends Child Family Team Meetings (CFTM) when needed
- Assists in periodic evaluations of program policies and procedure
- Monitors campus census and funding of youth on campus, reviews all referrals, oversees referrals to other programs, as well as monitor admissions, discharges, transfers, pre-placement visits, and other moves of the youth in order to ensure adequate utilization of resources and to maintain projected census
- Monitors and tracks counselor's trainings to make sure they are in compliance with mandatory training
Masters Degree in Counseling or Social Work, License preferred and required to be working on licensure.
One year Residential counseling experience preferred.
Leadership experience on a clinical team required.
Excellent Clinical documentation
Needs to be flexible, organized, patient, helpful, and dedicated to the treatment of the young people that we serve.
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
Requisition ID: 2019-4919
Job Locations: TN-Memphis
Relocation Assistance: No
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular