Lead Staff - Mentor for Youth
- $15 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Multiple Openings - 2nd shift options (Muncie or New Castle)
More than a beautiful 75 acre campus, and beyond an accredited program or diplomas on office walls, the YOC is about people helping people. Not just in small ways, but in life changing ways. Since the early 90s, the YOC has provided a safe place for troubled children and families. Now, almost two decades later, hundreds of individuals have been helped by the over 450 YOC staff members who dedicate themselves each day to making a difference in a child's life. How does this happen? At the YOC, everyone brings their talents and gifts to the table, whether it's a winning smile, broad shoulders, strong backbone, helping hands or a heart for kids. We all know and believe in the mission of the YOC. And everyone has personally accepted the challenge to help those who are in crisis situations get back on their feet. A difficult task, but it can be accomplished together. Because if we can help save a child, then why couldn't that child save the family, the neighborhood, the community, the world.
The position of Lead Staff is a vital role in the function of the day-to-day operations of YOC’s residential treatment programs. The Lead Staff assists with the training of new direct care staff, serves as a floor supervisor when needed, monitors the operations of the milieu, and communicates with parents and placing agents regarding incidents and follow up. Anyone performing in this role must have excellent customer service skills, possess the ability to multi-task, have sound professional judgement that is based on their knowledge of YOC policies and procedures, and maintain a working knowledge of the residents and their treatment needs. This person has direct contact on a regular and continuing basis with children.
PRIMARY JOB EXPECTATIONS
1. Program Roles and Responsibilities
• Assists in training new employees through the mentoring process, providing ongoing feedback and direction
• Maintains a clear understanding of YOC’s treatment programs and ensures consistent implementation
• Assigns staff to accommodate program needs such as transportation, school, court, activities, etc. as needed
• Ensures compliance with all governing bodies and completes internal inspections on a consistent basis.
• Provides crisis assistance by assessing and approving restrictive behavior management interventions
• Communicates employee performance problems to the appropriate supervisor, when deemed necessary
• Fulfils the role of a Youth Support Specialist when needed
2. Communication and Customer Service
• Provides customer service and acts as a resource to all visitors
• Professionally represents the YOC when representing at court, treatment team meetings, etc.
• Maintains communication with supervisor and other program managers as needed
• Makes recommendations to supervisors for improvements within programs
• Assists with communication to all parties regarding incidents and follow up
• Ensures thorough, accurate and timely completion of all assigned documentation
• Reviews documentation from Youth Support Specialists for accuracy and appropriate content
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
A bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of work experience in a child care institution or two (2) years of college and two (2) years of work experience, or a high school diploma/ GED and four (4) years of work experience.
Must be able to demonstrate awareness of the cultural and socioeconomic differences of our clients as well as value a nurturing family as the ideal environment; a commitment to empowering others to solve their own problems and a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change; the ability to establish a respectful relationship with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence by maintaining a helping role and appropriately intervening to meet service goals; the ability to set appropriate limits.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS NEEDED
High attention to detail
Excellent time management skills and the ability to support multiple work assignments simultaneously
Strong customer service skills
Strong communication skills
Strong computer application skills
Ability to take initiative and formulate a course of action to accomplish goals
Must be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people and situations
Ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people including a variety of internal and external constituents
Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
Must be able to prioritize and plan work to maximize efficiency
Typical work week is 40 hours (days and times vary by program). Position requires additional hours when necessary to meet the needs of the programs. The Lead Staff has regular contact with the YOC program/clinical staff members, members of office administration, YOC Youth Support Specialists, and campus visitors. Direct contact with state agencies, accrediting bodies, and placing agencies by phone and in person is a function of this position. Courtesy and professionalism are expected at all times.
This position is full-time, and compensation includes a competitive hourly wage and benefits package.
Powered by ExactHire:84530
Youth Opportunity CenterMuncie, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.