Youth Connection Charter School (YCCS) is inviting creative, energetic, and enthusiastic Math, Science, and Paraprofessional Teachers (K-12) to work in our small alternative high school settings. Dedicated to serving off-track and out-of-schools students, Youth Connection Charter School was founded in 1997 to provide alternative learning pathways to high school graduation and career success. The ideal candidate will be passionate about teaching with an ability to engage students in the learning process, while creating good student relationships of mutual trust. They will know how to make learning engaging and meaningful, effectively use technology, and be an active team member who fosters student success.
YCCS is seeking teachers to share our commitment to education students - if you are an educator who truly believes in your students and their success, contact us now to begin to make a difference!
· Bachelor’s degree and a Professional Educator’s license with Secondary "Subject Matter" endorsement
· Teaching experience in a Blended Classroom
· Must have passed Basic Skills test and Subject Matter test
· Must maintain current Illinois Certification with subject area endorsement
· Must demonstrate the experience, beliefs, attitude and awareness that indicate cultural sensitivity to the student population served
· Ability to partner with students individually, in family or in group, to help mobilize resources and inner capacity to address barriers to their success
· Knowledge of principles and practices of staff, school, and organizational development
· Reports to the Principal