The Warehouse Supervisor will oversee warehousing operations, manage warehouse employees, company safety processes, and ensure all company SOP’s are being followed. Plans and coordinates activities of workers engaged in receiving, picking, loading and shipping alcoholic beverages products. The role will be responsible for ensuring all KPI’s goals are being met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First line supervision of the warehouse floor operations
- Oversee operations, ensuring that schedules and performance requirements are met, and system resources are used effectively.
- Manages staffing, development and performance management programs for warehouse crew
- Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and governmental regulations.
- Inspecting warehouse facilities and equipment for job readiness and safe operation.
- Scheduling manpower to match the business needs and accomplish corporate goals.
- Conduct safety meetings with crew.
- Monitor all activities to achieve corporate goals.
- Coordinate with other members of management to assure a smooth transition between shifts.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Willingness to work flexible hours in order to get the job accomplished.
- Ability to adapt to change easily and relate to people
- Promote ongoing best-in-class customer service throughout all positions in warehouse operations.
- Other duties may be assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics Management and/or equivalent is preferred.
- At least 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ experience in supply chain, consumer product goods or distribution industry.
- Experience in managing union and non-union employees.
- Strong planning, organization and analytical skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Six Sigma Certification
- Lean or Six Sigma process experience.
- Prior experience in wholesale distribution.
At Young’s Market Company, we believe our people are our greatest asset. We pride ourselves on attracting and cultivating the best and brightest talent in the industry. Our Best in Class team of wine and spirits professionals represent a collection of unique life experiences, world views, and ideas all focused on our core values;
Integrity, Family, Quality, and an Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Young's Market Company
Why Work Here?Young's Market Company is one of the oldest, continually operating family-owned companies in the US. Founded in 1888, Young’s Market Company is the premier distributor of fine wine and spirits in the western United States. At Young’s Market Company, we believe our people are our greatest asset. We pride ourselves on attracting and cultivating the best and brightest talent in the industry. Our Best in Class team of wine and spirits professionals represent a collection of unique life experiences, world views, and ideas all focused on our core values; Integrity, Family, Quality, and an Entrepreneurial Spirit.
We are one of the regions largest spirits and wine distributors. We offer competitive pay and a great benefits!