Young’s Holdings Inc. represents a diverse and innovative group of companies driven by a culture of learning and continuous improvement and built upon a platform for proven sustainable performance. We are a dynamic and fast-growing organization and are looking for an experienced IT Support Services Manager to join our organization based out of our San Diego headquarters. The ideal candidate in this role will hit the ground running and will be excited at the opportunity to build our IT structure while being accountable for further maturing and running our current IT systems.
The IT Support Services Manager is responsible for the complete IT service operations and management of all network and cloud environments, support contracts, and maintenance activities. This position and the staff are the primary interfaces between Information Technologies and end-users, ensuring that users obtain the best support possible dealing with IT issues. This is an end-to-end operational role and the scope of IT Support Services spans security, systems administration, help desk support services (internal or external), hardware, and cloud environments.
- Manages and directs support staff in achieving the department goals aligned with company objectives
- Partner with the business units, users, and vendors to analyze and develop solutions to business problems
- Manage and maintain the annual budget and establish controls maintain expenses
- Oversee the maintenance and support of infrastructure as well as hosted environments
- Responsible for overall security within the environments including but not limited to: email, file shares, PC’s, Mobile devices, communications, and application-based security
- The front line of the IT department and user community to resolve errors within the system and devise plans to implement corrective actions
- Partner with the leadership team across all business units in identifying systems issues and proposing recommendations on system enhancements
- Create and define appropriate service level standards and manage resources and staff to those standards
- Develops test cases, scenarios, and scripts, and develop on-line help and job-aids to support users
- Serves as a central point of contact, for IT staff and end-users on issues and concerns related to end-user support
- Works closely with Management to define, direct and communicate support policies and procedures
- Leads the development of structured workflows for staff and users to follow, while creating efficient processes
- Interact with software vendors, describing current issues, and overall system performance topics to address
- Manages relationships and resources for hosted environments (Office 365, Azure, etc.)
- Participate and be actively involved in negotiations with vendors or service providers
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience managing a medium to large IT environment for 5 to 7 years
- A Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
- Extensive experience with operating systems, windows (XP-10), iOS, OSx, windows server, Linux and Android, mobile and standard computing platforms
- Hardware experience with laptops and desktops, routers, VPN Technologies, switches, firewalls, wireless communication (Wi-Fi and Cellular)
- Cloud experience with Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Other hosted environments
- Telecommunications experience around data lines, cloud base PBX (Phone systems)
- Strong project management experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries from customers, employees, and management. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to management, employees, and customers. Ability to work in a team-based environment. Ability to negotiate with in-house personnel and outside organizations. Ability to train in-house personnel.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- MANAGEMENT ABILITY: Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of IT operations. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and solving problems. While this defines the primary responsibility of the manager this in no way limits the assignment of duties that may be deemed under the privy of the support team.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.