Assistant Sales Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 Yearly
Galaxy Wine Company was created in 1999 by industry veterans Matt Elsen and Bob Liner and acquired by Wilson Daniels Wholesale Company in July of 2018. Since our inception we have tirelessly pursued a goal of building and representing an impeccable portfolio of world class wines, developing a knowledgeable and formidable sales team, and delivering an unparalleled level of service to our customers. We are thrilled to represent an unparalleled range of fine wines includes many of the world’s most distinguished and sought-after estates. We continue to strive in serving our winery and trade partners with the highest possible standards and we feel justifiably proud of our reputation and standing in Oregon’s thriving marketplace. In addition, beginning in January 2022 we have expanded our distribution footprint into the state of Washington to replicate the sustained success we have achieved in Oregon into its Northern neighbor.
COME WORK WITH US
From brand marketing, sales, finance, and operations to dedicated in-house public relations, digital and creative services, our distinguished leadership team is driven by industry leaders around the country. We value family heritage, and wine of distinction.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Assistant Sales Manager is active in the market daily and collaborates with the statewide Sales Team to grow sales with existing accounts and build new ones while building strong relationships, offering guidance and education. The Assistant Sales Manager reports to the Sales Director and feeds them insight from the market and of individual reps, both strengths and weaknesses, and they work closely together to improve overall business approaches. Responsibilities include: Effective and professional communication with Sales Reps, fellow managers, customers, and suppliers; Daily Sales calls and wine sampling with customers; Educating and mentoring of Sales reps, Development of strategic sales programming tools for company and supplier initiatives; Assistance achieving corporate and supplier objectives and distribution goals; Assistance with supplier and trade events.
- Achievement of company sales and objectives.
- Work in the market daily, independently and with Sales reps
- Build rapport and provide leadership, guidance, and support to motivate sales team
- Build relationships and drive sales with key customers, activate non-buy accounts and aid in opening new accounts – target specific accounts with each rep
- Establish and maintain productive supplier relationships, with an eye on their priorities and brand standards
- Offer creative solutions to build market share: new programs/features in all channels including development and execution of sales incentive programs
- Provide education including how to analyze a wine list/set, strategic approaches to selling, how to organize a wine presentation, curate new approaches when current one is not working
- Offer ongoing competitive set analysis, both where we can excel above the competition and where we need to grow our portfolio
- Communicate current trends and specific information from the market including potential problems/exposure
- Maintain reliable notes of Sales rep performance when working together, communicate successes and any sales issues/opportunities to the Sales Director, collaborate on solutions
- Ensure that all sales territories provide the account coverage and service frequency levels consistent with potential sales volume and reasonable customer requirements; aid in adjustments as needed
- Help coordinate the execution of the portfolio management teams’ key brand initiatives
Phased in Responsibilities
- Manage 7-9 Sales Reps as intermediary to Sales Director
- Identify and open new accounts
- Build relationships with Regional On and Off Premise account buyers
- Aid in management of Sales Merchandiser(s)
AM I THE RIGHT FIT?
- Knowledge of all Sales Channels including the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products and services to each.
- Ability to make smart business decisions to increase sales, profitability, and market share
- Proven track record of successful selling
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills
- At least some knowledge of romance languages, conversational preferred
- Persuasive public speaking and presentation skills and the ability to close deals
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are captured and explored.
- Ability to work with management, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an accredited four-year college or university; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Fine Wine industry.
- Brand building and outside sales experience is preferred
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule depending upon the needs of customers
- CSW certification or ability to obtain preferred
Youngs Holdings Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Youngs Holdings Inc