Attorney - M&A/Intellectual Property Attorney (contract)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $90 Hourly
Leading financial services firm is seeking a contract attorney to support its Global Technology Legal Practice Group that has solid experience structuring and negotiating transaction documents for mergers, acquisitions along with conducting a due diligence review of all IP-related documents in each transaction. This is a hybrid, contract position with 3 days per week in the company's office and it is expected to run 6 months with a possible extension and conversion. $90hr (negotiable).
- Structure and negotiate transaction documents for mergers, acquisitions, and strategic investments across all of the company's lines of business, including Stock Purchase Agreements, Merger Agreements, Acquisition Agreements, disclosure schedules, side letters, and other related transaction documents.
- Conduct a due diligence review of all IP-related documents in each transaction in coordination with outside counsel to develop a thorough understanding of any IP risks involved.
- Advise business and technology stakeholders on IP risks in connection with the proposed transaction, including an evaluation of any potential mitigants available to lower identified risks.
- Review and track IP due diligence requests provided to target entity, and evaluate received responses for sufficiency and risks, providing follow-up due diligence requests where necessary to ensure that a full picture of the target company’s IP profile is received and understood.
- Participate in periodic project discussions with key stakeholders and other legal counterparts to track due diligence findings, upcoming project deadlines, and receive project updates.
- JD or educational equivalent required (admitted to practice in Illinois) with at least 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney in a law firm or corporate law environment with substantial experience in handling IP-related due diligence and negotiating M&A/Strategic Investment transaction documents.
- Demonstrated interest in mergers, acquisitions, and strategic investments from an IP perspective.
- Understanding of the intellectual property issues raised by vendor/supplier agreements, employment agreements (including in non-US jurisdictions), patents, copyrights, trademarks, joint development agreements, escrow agreements, financing documents, and others.
- Familiarity with drafting and negotiating representations and warranties in M&A/Strategic Investment transaction documents.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.