Environmental Engineer/Scientist (Consulting)
- $75,000 to $110,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Environmental Engineer/Scientist (EH&S Compliance) performs professional engineering work of considerable complexity and/or executes technical projects and day to day compliance in Waste, Water, and Safety regulations as well as some Air Quality regulations. Support of our multimedia services such as Hazardous Waste/Materials management, Storm Water and Wastewater compliance, On-Site compliance, and Safety/IH will be expected. This candidate will be analyzing regulatory required compliance and technical issues, communicating those analyses within Yorke, with clients, and with regulatory agencies, providing support to project teams, and performs other duties as required or assigned.
The candidate qualifications we are looking for include:
- 2-7 years of work experience as an Environmental professional with a focus on Waste, Water, Air, and/or Safety/IH, preferably in a consulting environment;
- Experience or desire to work in multimedia and environmental services as a consultant with a focus on:
- Hazardous Waste and Materials Compliance such as CalARP, SPCCs, HMBPs, CERS and TRI Reporting;
- Industrial Storm Water and Wastewater Permitting and Compliance;
- On-Site EHS Support;
- QISP Services, MS4 Permits, Special Discharge Permits;
- Air Quality Compliance.
- Experience with or desire to work within process, manufacturing, and/or other industrial facilities as a consultant;
- Prepare reports and submissions in timely manner;
- Support Project Managers and Team Members in project work;
- Ability to manage multiple clients at any given time without losing focus of quality;
- Ability to perform safety, environmental, or occupational health inspections for compliance with established policies to identify potential new hazards;
- Highly motivated to continue working in the Waste, Water, Air, and Safety environmental field and expand their knowledge and experience.
- B.S. degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, or other relevant technical degree (minimum GPA of 3.0);
- Experience in supporting project teams;
- Desire to learn or developing technical expertise in Multimedia, EH&S, and Air rules and regulatory compliance;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Analysis, interpretation, and application of rules and regulations towards practical solutions;
- Capable of working independently in the field;
- Ability to think critically and develop solutions;
- Advanced computer applications, database management and strong Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access abilities;
- Field experience and ability to travel to client sites;
- QISP highly preferred.
Great progressive fast paced company culture for individuals seeking a challenging yet rewarding working environment.
Join Yorke Engineering, LLC, an Environmental Consulting leader in California that implements Environmental Engineering and Compliance solutions for our clients throughout California. Our mission is to solve environmental compliance problems for industrial and governmental/infrastructure facilities. We are a growing and dynamic organization of highly respected professionals. Yorke Engineering, LLC has assisted over 1,400 client organizations with their Air Quality and Environmental Compliance, Engineering, and Permitting needs. Our philosophy is to efficiently help government and industrial customers with the complex array of environmental laws and regulations. From simple permits to complex agency negotiations, from small companies to the largest of California’s organizations, Yorke successfully solves our clients’ Air Quality and Environmental challenges. Our team has over 1,000 years of combined environmental experience and consists of engineers and scientists that specialize in Air Quality, Waste, Water, CEQA, Safety, and Industrial Hygiene.
Yorke EngineeringDiamond Bar, CA
Energy and Environment
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.