- Posted: over a month ago
For over 35 years, Yorktel has been the video managed services partner around the world for some of the largest business and government agencies. With over 10,000 video systems under management worldwide – more than any other video communications service provider – Yorktel has the proven expertise and global reach to deliver enterprise-quality visual communications.
Yorktel is currently seeking a TechOps Specialist. The TechOps Specialist’s primary responsibility is to provide a high level of customer service and support to internal and external customers. The TechOps Specialist will provide remote support by creating customer incident tickets, identifying problems, and troubleshooting issues adhering to internal and external SLAs. The TechOps Specialist handles and is expected to protect all internal and external confidential information and must utilize discretion and judgment based on company policies and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
Shift: Sun-Thursday 5:30pm EST-1:30am EST.
This position will trouble shoot issues in addition to making recommendations to internal parties and customers to ensure resolution of hardware/infrastructure/device management/IT issues. This position requires regular planning, teamwork, and comprehensive communications to support customer needs. This position will be regularly expected to provide detailed answers in response to complex technical inquiries and incident resolution.
- Answer technical and logistical questions pertaining to video conferencing and collaboration services
- Provide Technical guidance to other members of the team; coordinate additional support where needed
- Liaise with IT to provide internal end user support where needed
- Generate and maintain records of technical support requests, specific needs, and site protocol updates for various customers
- Communicate with end users to assist with diagnosing and repairing audio and video issues remotely
- Respond with a sense of urgency when receiving customer correspondence
- Ensure all assigned trouble tickets are resolved to customer satisfaction
- Interact with partners, vendors, and internal SME’s to determine and resolve customer issues
- Participate in root-cause analysis
- Working with internal and external resources to ship appropriate hardware and provide tracking information to the client
- Upgrading or downgrading software to ensure functionality, security, enterprise compliance, and increased customer satisfaction
- Producing the appropriate Change Acceptance Board documentation to propose updates and assess risk factors
- Generate internal documentation for known errors, proactive monitoring alerts, and troubleshooting processes within the SNOW Knowledge Database
- Pursue Research and Training as needed to better support clients and provide technical feedback
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer Focus
- Communicate effectively through written word or verbally
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Analysis and Reasoning
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Relationship Building
- Results Focused
- Stress Tolerant
- Task Prioritization (Load balancing)
- Working with a Team
- Microsoft Office Applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
- OEM Device Management Platforms – MS Endpoint Manager, MS Teams Admin Center, Webex Control Hub, Poly Lens, Crestron XIO, etc
- Type 60 WPM
Preferred Technical Requirements and Experience
- Strong working knowledge of O365 environment
- Troubleshooting involving video conferencing and AV systems
- Experience with Intune and Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Teams Administrator – MS 700
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals – MS900
- Modern Desktop Administrator Associate – MD100/101
- Cisco CCNA
- Poly Voice/Video/Infrastructure Specialist
- Poly – RPRM, Lens
- Cisco – CUCM, Control Hub, WebEx
- Microsoft Suite of Applications and Management Tools
- Logitech – Sync
- Skype for Business
- Crestron – XIO, Remote Client
- May require occasional lifting up to 25 LBS
- Requires extensive sitting, standing and walking
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and altered shifts
- Domestic travel requiring multi-night stays within and at times outside the local work area
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests as required by current or future contracts
- Must be willing to apply for security clearances, SSA Suitability, and other related clearances to be able to work at certain customer locations.
- Preference (but not mandatory) bi-lingual skills on the following languages:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Join us and you will enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package, including 401k and Flex 125 plans.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, Genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
York Telecom Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at York Telecom Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?