Senior Voice Engineer
- Expired: March 03, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
For over 35 years, Yorktel has been the video managed services partner around the world for some of the largest business and government agencies. With over 10,000 video systems under management worldwide - more than any other video communications service provider - Yorktel has the proven expertise and global reach to deliver enterprise-quality visual communications.
Yorktel is currently seeking a Senior Voice Engineer whose primary responsibility is to provide a high level of customer service and support to internal and external customers.
Authority and Decision-Making Capabilities
- The Senior Voice Engineer will operate autonomously towards satisfying the needs of the customer
- This includes the Tech making educated decisions on issues and their potential impact to the customer environment aiming to prevent downtime and/or negative user experience
- The Senior Voice Engineer will be expected to escalate problems further to internal Engineering team or the vendor as needed
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Senior Voice Engineer is primarily intended as the second line of technical support for complex issues and will provide real time troubleshooting support
- This may, occasionally require first-line call-receipt and triage and/or working with larger technical teams to assess and diagnose problems.
- The Senior Voice Engineer will be required to work with vendors and submit, track and escalate issues to ensure timely resolution (i.e. Working with Cisco TAC)
- The Senior Voice Engineer will communicate status and provide timely updates based on the severity and classification of the issues
- Strong written and verbal communications are required
- A Senior Voice Engineer should have knowledge of Voice technologies and their functionality to effectively service customers
- This position should have strong customer service skills and ability to diffuse and control escalated situations effectively to service the customer
- This position will troubleshoot and mitigate reported issues, provide guidance and support to end users and proactively review and make recommendations to internal parties and customers to ensure that the customer gets the maximum value out of their investment
- This position requires regular planning and team work to support customer needs
- This position will regularly communicate answers to complex questions and respond to detailed inquiries about technical issues and how to resolve these issues
- Overseeing the support and business as usual tasks of the Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity and related end-user devices (phone sets, voice web apps, mobile clients), etc.
- Handle incident and service requests and resolve within the agreed Service Level Agreement
- Diagnosing faults and providing complete resolution to customer satisfaction.
- Producing knowledge articles and information to be distributed amongst the team
- Ensure systems are optimally configured and information contained is current
- Act as a technical point of contact for all customer escalations
- Documentation of root cause analysis to notify customers of reason for service impairment and prevention of similar issues
- Perform administration, configuration of Cisco systems
- Ensure asset management and inventory are kept up to date
- Identify/recommend infrastructure upgrades and improvements based upon industry best practices and the Cisco Lifecycle Services Approach.
- Performs routine system administration and maintenance on remote locations with no impact to the business
- Share information and cross-train other help desk and technical personnel on relevant issues and resolutions
- 3-6 years' experience in a customer support role, onsite customer support experience preferred
- Voice over IP principles and PBX functionality (Asterisk, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Dialer, ICM, Cisco Presence. SIP, SCCP, H.323, etc.)
- Physical phone and client voice/UC applications
- Familiarity with Call Center operations and support (for client context)
- VPN and other remote connectivity
- Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls
Preferred Technical Qualifications
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise - Call Recording, Voice Conferencing and Collaboration
- Corporate Telephony - Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Voicemail, Voice Gateways
- Physical phone devices and client voice/UC applications
- Knowledge and understanding of Voice network system requirements and standards
- Any background in Data Network technologies such as routers, switches and firewalls is a plus
- Protocols: TCP/IP, IP subnetting, VLAN's, Ethernet, DHCP, DNS, QoS, SIP, H.323
- May require occasional lifting up to 25 LBS
- Requires extensive sitting, standing and walking
- Domestic travel requiring multi-night stays within and at times outside the local work area
- Valid driver's license
- Valid Passport; International Travel may be required
- Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests as required by current or future contracts
- Must be willing to apply for security clearances, SSA Suitability, and other related clearances to be able to work at certain customer locations.
- This position has no leadership or supervisory responsibilities
Join us and you will enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package, including 401k and Flex 125 plans.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, Genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
York Telecom Corporation
EngineeringView all jobs at York Telecom Corporation
Get fresh Voice Systems Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.