Sales Account Manager - Public Sector
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For 35 years, Yorktel has been a reliable supplier of VTC and IT solutions to government and private enterprise around the world. Today we are creating a connected workplace experience with advanced collaboration, cloud services, Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC), AV design-build, and a 24x7 VNOC that manages and monitors rooms and endpoint. Our portfolio also includes consulting, staffing, media production and a 24hr helpdesk that provides advanced monitoring and management with nationwide dispatch and next day service in major cities. Yorktel is a privately-held, minority-owned small business with less than 500 employees, headquartered in Eatontown, New Jersey with offices around the world. If you have what it takes to be part of this rapidly growing company and dynamic, fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
Yorktel is currently seeking a Sales Account Manager with deep industry expertise to work within our public sector sales organization. The Sales Account Manager will build and foster strategic relationships with senior leaders across government to be at the forefront of their digital transformation. Work jointly with government leaders to merge their mission needs with engineering roadmaps to enable market-making innovations.
The successful Sales Account Manager achieves maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within assigned public sector accounts. Through consultative selling, combine an understanding of the government customer’s mission with business acumen to make today’s vision, tangible mission outcomes of tomorrow.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This job will provide:
- An opportunity to drive mission-focused change within the government like never before in new and transformational ways.
- A forum to co-create the art of the possible.
- The chance to work with world-class, diverse teams who all have a vested interest in the success of the government agencies.
The Sales Account Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Business Strategy- Understand the government customer’s mission, mission strategy and related industry direction to build and manage a long term, sustainable business portfolio.
- Digital transformation – Disrupt the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase the need for change and Yorktel’s unique value proposition.
- Relationship Building - Owns the Relationship – senior level government decision makers and industry partners with trust and integrity.
- People Leadership – Mobilize, orchestrate, mentor, and lead the Yorktel team, partners, and customer to help solidify the path to the complex yet exciting digital transformation journey.
- Business Development Acumen - Responsible for articulating the joint business plan and business opportunity generation with continuous learning and improvement in industries such as Government, Information Techology, Collaboration, Telco, and Media. The position is responsible and accountable for overall sales processes from initial contact and understanding client needs to the closure of the product/service delivery.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of the public sector customer segment, market dynamics, public sector contracts, and requirements.
- Must be comfortable managing relationships with executive level contacts.
- Excellent ability to successfully interface with clients and handle multiple priorities concurrently.
- Dedication and commitment to get the job done.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing concepts.
- Successful track record of winning and closing deals in competitive public sector environments, as well as identifying new opportunities.
- High capacity to learn and adapt.
- Knowledge of and adherence to York Telecom policies and procedures.
- Limited weekend and/or night work may be required.
- Domestic travel requiring multi-night stays within and at times outside the local work area.
- International travel may be required.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license is a requirement and must have a positive driver’s abstract.
- Current valid U.S. Passport is desirable.
- Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests as required by current or future contracts.
- Must be willing to apply for security clearances, suitability, and other related clearances to be able to work at certain customer locations.
Education and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of building strategic business partnerships through selling or consulting with Federal Government / Department of Defense customers. Equally considered will be 5+ years of experience driving digital transformation from within the Federal Government.
- Account Management. Track record of effective territory/account/solution management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation required.
- Executive Presence. Rapidly building new relations to open door to expand Yorltel’s business. Experience and expertise working with senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve problems, operate independently and excel in ambiguous environments.
- Business Value. Ability to synthesize initiatives across the business incorporating a cross-functional team approach.
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence, capture, execution.
- Technical Dialog. Coordinating technical sessions making use of whiteboards or other resources to drive solution discussions leveraging published solution architectures for common infrastructure implementations required.
- Technical Demonstration. Ability to work with technical teams to demonstrate Yorktel solutions leveraging engineer developed demo environments.
- Leadership. Experience with working with large-scaled teams in a cross-functional setting.
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions, cloud and datacenter infrastructure, collaboration software and hardware landscape.
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field and/or Business or equivalent experience.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking
- Limited weekend and/or night work may be required
- Must be able to pass suitability requirements
- Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests as required by current or future contracts
Join us and you will enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package, including 401k and Flex 125 plans.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, Genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
York Telecom Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at York Telecom Corporation