Collaboration Support Technician
- Expired: February 28, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
For over 35 years in business Yorktel has amassed a vast amount of comprehensive knowledge and experience, which is testament to the fact that today we employ over 450 fulltime staff worldwide, servicing our customers across 84 different countries and manage in excess of 14,000 video conferencing systems globally. Yorktel has the proven expertise and global reach to deliver enterprise-quality visual communications.
Yorktel is currently seeking a Collaboration Support Technician who will be based onsite at a customer's new, soon-to-be-occupied headquarters and is responsible for the following areas:
- Video conferencing
- Conference room technology
- Collaboration software such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Cisco Webex, etc. (windows and Mac)
- Mobile collaboration for above mentioned platforms on iOS and Android
Core projects & work for the Collaboration Support Technician will be focused on the day-to-day support of Collaboration Rooms and collaboration software tools, such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom
Roles and Responsibilities
The Collaboration Support Technician will perform the following duties at the assigned location over an 8-hour workday within a 0700 - 1800 window Monday - Friday, with possibility of supporting events beyond the work window and weekends:
- Act as service advocate to promote the use of video collaboration rooms/systems
- Coordinate with users and configure VTC systems to establish connections with remote users and ensure optimal audio, video, content sharing, recording, etc.
- Quickly troubleshoot and isolate VTC issues/problems
- Perform preventative maintenance and checks on collaboration rooms
- Coordinate with vendors, service providers, and internal management groups (ie network, VTC, desktop support) to report and resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Work closely with installation vendors as needed to resolve issues across Customer Site
- Meet with executives and other professionals to gather requirements/use cases/details in preparation of meetings/events.
- Consult with and provide assistance to managers, instructors, and functional employees related to VTC presentation of information through visual media
- End user training on applicable collaboration solutions
- Live meeting support direct to end user
- Additional support when required for All Company Events
- Furnish reports as needed on projects and workload to support deliverables
- Document, follow-up and accurately record incident work history through a ticketing system
- Proactively manage and track equipment inventory to ensure CMDB accuracy
- Create and maintain SOPs and run book related to job functions
- Fully understand the customer environment and provide recommendations for improvements to meet the client's desired outcome as well as bring potential opportunities to Yorktel
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' experience supporting/troubleshooting/installing video conferencing and Audio/Video technologies, including:
- Webex, Google Meets, Blue Jeans meetings
- Cisco, Poly and other SIP/H323 video conferencing endpoints
- Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Teams Room devices
- Zoom Rooms and Zoom Administrative Portal
- Conference Room Controls and AV equipment (Crestron, Extron, etc.)
- Experience providing VIP-level white glove services for meetings, training, and events
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact professionally and confidently with senior executives
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- May require occasional lifting (up to 25 lbs)
- Requires extensive sitting, standing, and walking
- Limited travel within and at times outside the local work area may be required.
- Valid driver's license
- Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests required by current or future contracts
Join us and you will enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package, including 401k and Flex 125 plans.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, Genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
York Telecom Corporation
TechnologyView all jobs at York Telecom Corporation
Get fresh Business Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!