York Daily Record York, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Multi-Color Corporation - York, PA
The Finishing Operator is responsible for the operation of a slitter and/or rewind table top machine, assuring quality labels are sent to the customer.
- Comply with all company and safety policies and procedures
- Read job ticket carefully before setting up and running machine
- Input job order information into the computer; set specifications on the machine (measurement accuracy and attention to detail required)
- Attach slitting blades to machine when necessary
- Inspect and remove all defects, properly re-splice the roll, stamp each role
- Lift order onto the machine
- View labels with assistance of strobe light (Warning: Strobe lights may trigger epileptic seizures in persons with photosensitive epilepsy)
- Comply with quality assurance specifications of the customer and MCC, including but not limited to handling procedures, paperwork requirements, and operation of the AVT quality inspection machine
- Complete quality assurance sheet and associated documentation
- Responsible for following processes and procedures
- Responsible for cleanliness of machinery and organization of the workspace; light maintenance of machinery and slitting blades may also be required
- Participation in department meetings, process improvement events, training, and safety program as scheduled
- Responsible for working overtime when needed and as assigned
- Related duties as assigned
- High school education or equivalent
- Previous machine experience helpful
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others (verbally and written form); seen as a team player
- Ability to read a ruler and understand measurements (able to pass a ruler test)
- Ability correctable to 20/20 (able to pass an eye test)
- Ability to differentiate colors (able to pass a color test)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs or greater safely and regularly; additional poundage may be needed with some assistance
- Ability to input data in the computer
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay focused and follow instructions
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to withstand routine and repetitive work
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to relate to, work with, and influence as needed, people at all levels of the organization
- Assertive and solution-focused
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, team player
As a global leader in premium label solutions, our purpose is to deliver the world's best label solutions that help our customers build their brands, while adding value to our associates, our shareholders, and the communities in which we operate.
If you share our vision and believe that you could contribute to the success of our company, we look forward to hearing from you!
Multi-Color is one of the largest and most awarded label companies in the world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Wine & Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26 countries.
Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our core values: Integrity, Passion, Creativity, Perseverance and Achievement. These values constantly guide our interactions and decision making at Multi-Color!
About Our Company
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A. based Multi-Color Corporation (MCC), established in 1916, is a leader in global label solutions supporting a number of the world's most prominent brands including leading producers of home and personal care, wine and spirit, food and beverage and specialty consumer products. MCC serves international brand owners in North, Central and South America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and China with a comprehensive range of the latest label technologies in Pressure Sensitive, Cut and Stack, In-Mold, Shrink Sleeve and Heat Transfer. MCC employs approximately 2,700 associates across 28 operations globally and is a public company trading on the NASDAQ Global Select Market Exchange (company symbol: LABL).
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Multi-Color Corporation. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoostnot to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
York Daily Record
TechnologyView all jobs at York Daily Record