Automation Engineer - 2nd and 3rd shift
- $39 to $41 Hourly
The Automation Engineer works under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, handling a wide variety of electrical projects and upgrades that support and improve the production equipment / area. Primary role will be to support maintenance with all electrical / controls downtime in the plant. Position will provide support to the Director of Engineering and Maintenance Manager throughout the design and development phase of a project. The Automation Engineer will prepare plans for projects, oversee, and provide updates on progress, lead the install of projects, and work through issues that arise during the projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work on-call with maintenance to support electrical drive / plc / controls troubleshooting in the plant
- Identify new projects / areas for improvement from sources of equipment downtime in the plant
- Meet and work with automation / robotic equipment manufacturers to automate current and new equipment lines
- Make program changes to existing conveyor lines to optimize flow through the plant
- Form new programs to modify function of current conveyor lines as function requirements change to match new production goals
- Research new options available in the current corrugated equipment market and work with engineering to integrate them into current production environment
- Work with engineering to assist with new equipment installs
- Manage and assist with all conveyor relocations and new equipment installs
- Train and mentor select maintenance personnel on all plc programming, operation, and automation to expand maintenance’s ability to repair and improve existing automated equipment lines
- Setup and execute plc / battery / memory backup / program PM for all hardware and software in the plant
· Make upgrades to existing conveyor / converting equipment cabinets to address processor (PLC) and component obsolescence
- Make upgrades to existing conveyor cabinets so that all cabinets can communicate with all other cabinets and be accessed remotely via an online connection
- Work with IT to setup and maintain remote login capabilities for all equipment manufacturers to all converting equipment for remote troubleshooting
- Work with Engineering and Maintenance to identify and complete new projects that eliminate repeat automation / controls downtime in the plant.
- Testing and Verifying function of all refurbished drives / motors / etc. supporting the maintenance department’s critical spare parts inventory
- Identify and work with Purchasing to acquire any software needed to support plc’s and automation in the plant
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required and assigned from time to time.
The Physical Requirements Checklist that specifies the physical demands for this job is attached and is incorporated into this description.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 2 – 5 years Industrial Electrical Maintenance experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with contractors, service techs (onsite/phone support), and fellow employees
- Understands various aspects of an industrial facility including structural, electrical, plumbing systems, etc.
- Ability to work additional hours and weekends as necessary to meet business plan objectives
- Fluent with schematics and blueprints
- Proficiency in MS Excel & Word is a plus
CAD experience preferred, usage of Tape measure, Calipers, various measurement equipment.
Frequent manufacturing environment: working around machinery, moving equipment, and loud noise (hearing protection required), Environment is not climate controlled and there is exposure to a wide range of temperatures (temperature varies depending on work/machine location and ranges from 50-degree F to 100 degree F), Possibility of outside work in all types of weather conditions (including heat, cold, rain, and snow)
York Container Company
138 Mt. Zion Rd. YorkEast York, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.