Research Lab Technician (Food Science, HACCP, GMP)
Yoh Staffing Solutions Decatur, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Yoh Scientific is currently seeking a Research Lab Technician (Food Science, HACCP, GMP) for one of our top manufacturing clients located in Decatur, IL. This Company is a consistent leader in its field and is well known their services. This is an advancement opportunity and all local candidates, who meet the qualifications below, are encouraged to apply!
The ideal candidate maintains high standards for Food Safety and Quality while maintaining production and efficiency excellence. Successful candidates will be excellent communicators who can nurture outstanding relationships as part of a self-directed work team. The Research Lab Technician will have the ability to identify and decisively solve problems as they arise and maintain records in accordance with established company policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field.
- Attendance and punctuality are imperative.
- Excellent safety record and awareness.
- Candidate must demonstrate sufficient computer skills to utilize lab instrument operation programs.
- Familiarity with current commercial software applications (Excel, Word).
- Experience with lab documentation.
- Experience with operating standard lab equipment (i.e., pH meter, balances and spectrophotometer).
- Demonstrates sufficient math skills to perform calculations associated with lab testing
- Ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Ability to team build.
- Good organizational skills.
- Willingness to assume and learn new responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven housekeeping and sanitation skills.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Accurate record keeping skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and able to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Prepare process and finished product samples; perform analytical testing using instrumental, Wet Chemistry procedures, and record results using computerized data systems.
- Performs daily process monitoring tests throughout the plant as assigned.
- Maintains samples of tested product in order to confirm test results, if necessary.
- Documents results of all testing procedures and promptly notifies operations of required adjustments.
- Enter and report data using a Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Understands most production processes required in the production of product and may make recommendations to operators in order to achieve product quality.
- Performs light maintenance and calibration on all laboratory equipment.
- Maintains on-going records of the results of all testing procedures and inputs (data entry on a daily basis).
- Maintains adequate supplies used for testing procedures and notifies supervisor of the need to re-order supplies.
- Continually compares equipment readouts with samples of standards as required to insure that all systems are operating accurately.
- Maintains a neat and clean working area at all times, washing equipment as required and placing equipment in the proper storage areas.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all FDA, GMP, BATF, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
Food Safety/ Food Microbiology/ Sanitation/ HACCP:
- Participation in facility GMP program and have the ability to audit to Food Safety standards.
- Ensure the facility maintains world class sanitation standards.
- Prepare the facility for, and participate in, Regulatory/3rd Party/Customer/Company Audits.
- Demonstrate knowledge of deviations, investigations, CAPA, OOS, OOT and quality documentation.
Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE):
- Facilitate and ensure adherence to safety regulations, rules and sound practices.
- Coordinate and participate in audits, prioritizing and tracking completion of findings.
- Ensure that unsafe behavior and conditions are corrected.
- Perform Safety audits and set the example for safety.
- 8 hours/day; 40 hours/week
- Monday – Friday; 8am – 5pm
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
Please then call/ text Brittany at 267.634.1035
What’s In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh’s network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh’s extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh’s vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Yoh Staffing Solutions
Investment Management Company
HealthcareView all jobs at Yoh Staffing Solutions