Yoh has several, long term contract opportunity, for General Operators to join our client in Newark, DE
- Hourly rate of up to $18/hr on a W2
- Background and Drug Testing Required
- These are 12 hour rotation shifts, 7AM-7PM/7PM-7AM, will cover days/nights and weekends.
You Will be Responsible for/to:
- Monitors and operates equipment and facilities, including field equipment, insuring quality and conformance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintains safety standards at all times and initiates and follows emergency procedures when necessary.
- Rotates through various roles within the area, including, in some cases, a control room rotation
- Operate all equipment and perform all duties in accordance with current SOP and cGMP requirements
- Maintain all necessary supplies for the packaging area
- Accurately record and maintain all necessary records in accordance with current SOPs
- Move finished product from the packaging areas to the designated storage area
- Reprocess any material as directed by a supervisor
- Support efforts within the packaging areas as necessary to maintain proper production flow
- Change product sifter screens as directed in accordance with current SOPs
- Change bag house bags and clean storage bins as directed by supervision;
- Maintain and empty dust collection and vacuum cleaning units
- Assist in all areas of plant when needed (sifter cloth change, sifter change, purge, clean, etc.)
- Perform all bar-coding where applicable per SOP
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping in the packaging, sifting, recycle, and other areas as directed by supervision.
- Support the plant's safety, health & environmental programs and industrial hygiene programs
- Commit to safe work practices
- Assure compliance with Responsible Care and Product Stewardship efforts;
- Participate in safety programs and training and drills to increase safety self-awareness
- Continuously seek to broaden knowledge of the Newark plant operations
- To rotate into roles and skill areas as required to progress through the skill block system
- Develop multi-skill capability by proactively learning tasks in other trade areas (where legal requirements allow)
- Demonstrate and encourage the use of positive behaviors
- Take responsibility for personal development by identifying development needs, sourcing solutions and participating in scheduled development activities;
- Demonstrate an attitude of respect and professional interaction with others;
- Function as a team member
- Utilize key communications media (electronic mail, telephone, conversations, etc) including applicable logs, reports, department meetings.
- Document control where applicable
- Protect and respect all company property and assets.
What You Need to Bring to the Table
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Requires an open minded, positive, high-energy individual with a strong commitment to both safety and quality
- Successful work history and excellent attendance history (verified reference will be required in order to submit)
- Must be able to wear proper PPE that may be required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using percentages and decimals to utilize the Metric/English system for measurement
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend, and follow oral and written procedures and instructions.
- Ability to be trained to use a computer which will be a necessity to retrieve and enter data on a database, navigate the internet for safety training, and provide email correspondence.
- Ability to work as a team player & strong initiative
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Yoh Staffing Solutions