- Collects, interprets and integrates relevant data from multiple sources such as maps, database tables, graphs, satellite and aerial images and geologic conditions. Applies relational database management systems to perform spatial analysis and generates reports based on the analysis.
- Prepares accurate GIS cartographic products to support utility operations with initiative and creativity. Maintains a log to track all party requests, deadlines and project status.
- Works with internal and external customers to understand and assist them in addressing business, operational and public service needs; and produces the necessary exhibits in a timely fashion while managing multiple projects.
- Serves as liaison in meetings with other entities, businesses, community groups, and industry associations.
- Responds to data requests and works independently to complete them per the specific needs of the internal customers.
- Ensures all compliance aspects of position are known and followed; understands and complies with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school and 3-5 years of related experience. Candidates that do not possess a bachelor’s degree must have a minimum of 7 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- GIS principles, practices and techniques of automated drafting and mapping
- GIS concepts and analytical techniques; computerized mapping and attribute data conversion; relational database design; micro and mini-computers; global positioning survey concepts; principles of structured programming languages
- Experience with analytical tools and computer system operations.
- Communication, organizational, and time management.
- Experience with PCs, word processing, spreadsheet, database software, and Structured Query Language.
What are you waiting for? Apply Now!
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Yoh Staffing Solutions