Yoh Scientific is looking for a Analytical Chemist in Frederick, MD
6 month contract
Pay Rate: 34-36/hr
Ideal Candidate Skillsets:
-Hands on lab experience
-Experience executing separation based analytical procedures such as HPLC, UPLC and capillary electrophoresis
-Prior AZ experience would be a huge plus. Ideally, someone who has experience with our ELN and Assay procedures.
This is a lab-based position where the associate scientist will perform analytical testing within GTO’s laboratory. In addition to executing experiments, this position will also be responsible for performing some routine administrative duties necessary to keep laboratory areas operational, safe, and compliant, such as logbook review, chemical inventory accuracy, general laboratory upkeep and ordering. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Years of Experience:
M.S. or B.S (or equivalent) in biological sciences, physical sciences, or similar fields. 5+ years of professional experience.
Knowledge and Scope:
•Experience executing separation based analytical procedures such as HPLC, UPLC and capillary electrophoresis
• Experience executing immuno-assays such as ELISA and other binding assays
• Experience working in a GMP environment including maintaining a laboratory notebook
• Experience working with biologic therapeutic modalities
• Has a good working knowledge of other related disciplines
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments
Job Complexity and Impact:
• Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
• Demonstrates judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Freedom to Act:
• Work is performed under direction and guidance, with general instructions on new assignments.
• Work results are reviewed upon completion for accuracy in meeting objectives.
• Recommends work priorities, timelines and resources to manager.
Behavioral Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Communicate clearly and effectively (oral and written)
• Highly organized and methodical
• Manage complexity and adapt to changing priorities
• Independently plan and execute studies, analyze data, interpret results, and compile summary reports.
• Make timely and defensible decisions and conclusions
• Work effectively in a team-based environment as well as cross-functionally