Provides specialized administrative support to relieve executive, administrative, and line and staff managers of complex details and advanced administrative duties. Executes data analysis tasks, coordinates activities between departments and outside parties. Contacts company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports. Maintains department files and schedules meetings, and may manage calendar for executive levels and ensure timely response to meeting requests and messages. Work is generally of a confidential nature.
• Facilitate operational efficiency of the Avionics Corporation organization by performing a variety of tasks under the general supervision of the department manager/director.
• Provides administrative tasks, clerical support, operational facilitation, secretarial duties, and other tasks so as to increase the operational efficiency of the department.
• Coordinates day-to-day activities and logistics for department initiatives (i.e. scheduling conference rooms, order/set-up/clean-up customer/vendor lunches, ordering/managing office supplies, maintaining vacation and training records, overseeing new hire set-up, and maintaining group distribution list/folder.)
• Performs administrative tasks such as purchase requests creation, recordkeeping, photocopying/scanning, document distribution, and retrieval of packages or mail from various delivery points.
• Responsible for phone messages, re-route E-mails, or replying to either as needed.
• Scheduling of meeting rooms, meeting schedules, and affect increased meeting attendance through direct communication with key attendees prior to meeting.
• Attend key meetings with the express purpose of recording meeting minutes, documenting attendance, cataloging action items, and ensuring distribution of said information to key personnel and department archives.
• Receive visitors, supervise "check-in" with building receptionist, and escort visitors to/from meeting rooms in accordance with corporate security policy (ISM).
• Proofread documents for accuracy, completeness, compliance with departmental policies, formatting, and correct English usage, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Deliver paperwork or messages to the other Panasonic buildings and run local errands in support of team.
• Complete, submit, and verify payment of expense reports for team members.
• Ensure efficiency of the management team by tracking meeting schedules, authoring correspondence, booking travel arrangements, making phone calls, and reviewing E-mail.
• Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
• Possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings.
• Ability to be discreet with confidential matters and maintain compliance with Panasonic’s corporate security policy (ISM).
• Ability to greet visitors and conduct business by phone and E-mail in a friendly, professional manner.
• Ability to quickly, easily, and without delay, travel between various buildings within the Panasonic Avionics Corporation campus.
• Demonstrated professionalism and ability to protect controlled information.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems, organize own work, coordinate projects, multi-task and set priorities.
• Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
• Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
• Normally follows established procedures on routine work and requires instructions only on new assignments.
• High School diploma or equivalent Internationally recognized qualification.
• 4 - 6 years of related experience.
• Advanced skills in the use of MS office suite of software applications i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings